Ecu swap questions

Hi guys!

My 1997 k11 is giving me too much headache with its nats problems. So i saw on the forum that fitting a non nats ecu is a possibility. So my question is how does that happens. I just pick a pre nats ecu from a scrapyard and put it in my micra or do i have to do some additional things like programming?

you have to swap about 4 of the pinouts, the 2 wiring diags have been posted up here somewhere

Thanks for the fast answer. And also the ecu has to be for the same engine right. I mean if my car is 1.0 the ecu has to be from a 1.0 too? Or it is more specific?

yes, cam sensor and fuel pump iirc
ed who started this site used to swap the pinouts internally in the ecu , for plug-n-play, dunno if he still does it tho

Wow thanks Frank! That actually sounds not so hard. Do i have to disconnect the immo board if it has a one or anything like that? Or the ecu just wont search for the nats anyways?

you lose the injector signals with any problem with nats, its a very secure immobiliser
and prenats ecu,s are getting pretty rare i guess

The pre nats ecus are pre 1995 right? Also is there a way to find out if the ecu is pre nats by the many numbers written on it?

Thanks Frank I think I understand everything now. Maybe im bad at searching but i searched the forum far and wide and couldn't find the wiring diagrams for the pinouts anywhere. Can you help me a bit?

Back