Some help required

Hi, My mother crashed her Micra yesterday and is talking about sending it to a garage to be fixed, I have told her if she buys the parts I will fit them (I own a Nova so i am used to changing panels lol) By the looks of things she only hit the back of the other car :doh: at a low speed and it wasn't enough to set the airbag off, If that's any help.

How much would she be looking at for a new bumper, bonnet, wings, grill, and lights (Micra is an N reg GX) and where would be the best place to get them, preferably in red.

best place is scrap yard mate or you might be lucky to have some one stripping a red one is it preface lift or facelift

Hmm. Just go to a breakers and look for the same a Micra of the same colour with the parts you're looking for.

These are my estimates and prices I've paid for these things before.

Bumper: £20
Bonnet: £25
Wings: £15-20 each.

Not sure of the lights, not expensive, though.

best place is scrap yard mate or you might be lucky to have some one stripping a red one is it preface lift or facelift

Errr not sure on the facelift bit mate as i am a vauxhall man (you may have seen me pottering about the 19/seaham in a red Nova) I think its pre face lift as it doesn't have the same type of grill as the one in your pic, I'm at a loss here.

Hmm. Just go to a breakers and look for the same a Micra of the same colour with the parts you're looking for.

These are my estimates and prices I've paid for these things before.

Bumper: £20
Bonnet: £25
Wings: £15-20 each.

Not sure of the lights, not expensive, though.

Scrap yard near me has a micra in but all the parts are black and as said i don't know the difference between the face lifts.

Pre Face Lift:

RMicra_OS.jpg

Face Lift:

Micra.JPG

Which one is it? Also, which colour is your Micra?

I'm a little confused when it comes to red, I'm almost sure there are 2 different shades of them. One light and one dark. I think that one may be dark.. or I could be totally wrong.

Is yours the lighter or darker shade?

I'll get the paint code off the vin plate tomorrow if it helps matters, So a scrap yard is going to be the best place to get the parts from?

no probs mate might catch ya on the A19 you cant miss my car its the only black micra with a roll cage and white alloys

No trying to race me though my Nova is only a 1.2...for now :p Once new engine is in go for it :laugh: If you see a scrapper K reg (K202) with a fat ####### driving that's me, And i am often in peterlee, rarely/never in sunderland as i HATE the one way system, has nearly been the end of me a couple of times (Y) Your micra sounds nice as well.

Manny, Cheers mate will have a quick search round the forum.

Something i have just thought about, Would there be any damage to the radiator or anything close enough to the front that could be damaged by a low speed shunt? Car still starts and drives so i am assuming there is only cosmetic damage, But it can be wrong to assume.

ah thats kenny its defo a differant red best off waiting for lost boy to get the code then we can go from that

Is the code on the slam panel? Bonnet is a bit funked so if it is there i will look tomorrow, If it is else where i can look now.

no your vin is on the drivers side of the engine bay just under the window mate its a black plate which is pop rivited to the car you cant miss it

Update on this, Slam panel is pretty funking bent which i was hoping it wasn't as it meens cutting it out and welding a new one in, She will be off to the scrap yard in the sky (unless there is a use for her) served well it has, over 100,000 miles, crashed once, and still starts first time.

Back