Some diy help and advice plz

T

tobeloy

Hi all, just joined and never realised how much I can do to my basic micra which i have had for 3 yrs now, I need some advice on a diy job i am about to attempt..

I have to replace the passenger door because some #*!$ decided they wanted to nick the car and they bent the door out of shape, 3 questions, do i need a special tool to remove the pin in the hinge in the middle, do I have to take the wing off to get at the main hinge bolts and is it pretty straightforward swapping the lock barrels ??

any advice greatly appreciated

also 1 more question, can anyone recommend a fair priced resprayer in the south, on a bit of a tight budget u see...cheers

lock changing is quite straight forward, changing the pins is fiddly but i didnt use any special tools when i changed mine

You should get yourself a haynes manual.. Door / lock etc removal is all in there :) very cheap on ebay too

firstly make sure there is no speaker cabls etc through the door.
top hinge there is a surclip top, pop that off top pin will knock out. middle pin just taps out with a knock hammer and bottom pin has surclip at the bottom.
then u need to knock the pins (top one needs to go down - bottom needs to go up)

the door barrel is VERy straight forwards. pop door card off (remove handle and winder (winder has a surclip behind it. wedge screw driver down and push surclip inwards handle comes over the top) then thats away
take the door handle backing off (open the handle then inclip from around . then undo the poppers all the way round the door card.)

one inside,
barrel top corner. - useing flat balde screw driver prize the clip sideways (to middle of door) from around the lock barrel. then unhood the rod.
berral slides outways)
place new barrel and re hook into place. and re apply the clip. alll done :)

hope this helps
enjoy

wayne

Thanks for all the help, i will have to get a manual didnt think of that arnold, i will follow your instructions wayne and let you know how i get on.....any suggestions on where i can get a good priced re-spray would be good, as i have been bitten by the bug and want to make some improvements.

I wasnt going to do any work on the car as i was going to bid on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4562260845&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

got me times mixed up and was well gutted

Back