A Quick Hello & Some Advice Plz (Audio)

hi everyone, firstly i would just like to say what an amazing site you have here :grinning: There is also some very nice cars i love looking through all the pics!

Heres where I start asking the questions now.....

I have just bought my G/F a K11 (i think) L reg 1.0 Micra L. It has a tape headunit in

DSCF0343.jpg

but the speakers only work on the drivers side ( i have checked the balance :slm: ) i have had the passenger door trim off and the and the speaker appears to be connected fine.

Can anyone suggest what the problem could be?

Also how do i get the headunit out? is there a trick to it?

Thanks Chris

Either the speaker is blown, the channel is gone on the head unit or a wire is disconnected.
I suggest you get a new head unit and speakers. There is a guide on the site for removing head units.

welcome and enjoy your stay.

As olly has said the reason could be a wire has become damaged and snapped, the speaker itself has popped (you mayhave heard crackling and popping before it went) or the most likely reason is that one of the channels on the headunit has gone.

With current prices for equipment you can get some cheap speakers (£10 off ebay), a cheap hu(£20-40 off ebay) and a fiver's worth of speaker cable and replace the lot. If you need help or advice someone will be more than happy to help

thanks for all the quick replies it is a great help.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide for removing the H/U?

Is there anyway i could test the speaker/ H/U output with a multimeter?

If i do replace the tape deck with a cd player, is it a straight swap or do i need to but a wiring harness?

Once again sorry for all the questions

You would need an adaptor (about 5 quid off ebay), The only real way to test would be with another speaker.

remove the ashtray (open and push the metal flap down)
undo the 2 screws behind the ashtray and the two screws about the radio
start pulling from the bottom
may need a flat head screwdriver to undo clips at the top
undo wiring attached to face plate
unscrew unit

to fit new unit
make a new ground as nissan ground there units through the aerial
fit cage to face plate
either fit radio in and then refit face plate and attach wires as needed
or fit face plate and re-attach wires then push radio into slot

remove the ashtray (open and push the metal flap down)
undo the 2 screws behind the ashtray and the two screws about the radio
start pulling from the bottom
may need a flat head screwdriver to undo clips at the top
undo wiring attached to face plate
unscrew unit

to fit new unit
make a new ground as nissan ground there units through the aerial
fit cage to face plate
either fit radio in and then refit face plate and attach wires as needed
or fit face plate and re-attach wires then push radio into slot

will have a go and report back, can you clarify where these 2 screws are..."two screws about the radio"

ps undoing the screws will that just remove the radio or all the dash around the radio?

well had a go at it and got the dash off, checked the conections and hey presto, we have stereo! thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!(Y)

Back