So how did this happen (pics)

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
well i know exactley what happened, just if you get bored at work/home post back. be interesting to see what people get back with.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
pic

Attachments

• 38940.jpg
    38940.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 21

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
wow yeah now that is rooted.... actualy sorry to kijack your thread but does anyone know how to clean out corrosion/white **** from inside the collant holes in your head and bottom half of the engine?? i need to clean out my 5me head before i put it on. would a radiator flush work??

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
turbo charged yi.

you can make your own gasket look like mine, heres what to do:

rebuild you engine with the wrong bolts, or for those bolts that don't fit you can just cross thread them. failing that, just dont bother using them at all!

going for +200bhp, standard head gasket will be fine. i only bought the custom decomp plate for show!!

then put a turbo on there with dogey pipe work mixed with dog ugly **** welding.

then put the car on a dyno, try and map it with the intercooler 80% covered up and waaaala. the charge temperatures will be so high it will cause detonation. dont stop just keep going! then when its off the dyno dont let it cool down, just boost it silly round the block and you will here a gun shot sound, followed by smoke. enough smoke for 'stars in your eyes' lol

there you go

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
this is what it made on standard head gasket. it would have probably done quite a bit more if other fundamental things were done properly

Attachments

• 39022.jpg
    39022.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 16

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
tell me about it. and believe me i didnt want this. its getting rebuilt properly this time but as we go deeper in the engine these problems are becoming more apparant. if people are interested in the build i will make another thread....looks like this at the moment...

Attachments

• 39046.jpg
    39046.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 14
jaxx WROTE:

"tell me about it. and believe me i didnt want this. its getting rebuilt properly this time but as we go deeper in the engine these problems are becoming more apparant. if people are interested in the build i will make another thread....looks like this at the moment...

bit off topic... but did you choose to paint your car that colour or is it a stock nissan colour?

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yi its stock colour, dont know the spelling but it's pronounced u-gan gold. micra-pete it was up north and thats all you getting lol. you down south? what setup you need mapping?

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
man, u gotta be careful with turbo stuff, hay. (glad I went water intercooled...and 5psi.....and water injection(soon) and exhaust temp gauge.... and a/f ratio meter..... and drive like a girl (no offence to the ladies out there)

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i know what you saying, but the engine is bullet proof. arias forged pistons and crower rods to name a few. hopefully this time it won't go pop. gunna be running a little more than 5psi though lol

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
haha, thanks Jaxx ;)

I'd do my own mapping, but just wondered where to avoid for engine work?

erm, wasn't north east was it? lol.

trying to narrow it down without you saying!! :D :D

Back