Snow claims one more victim

B

Ben

Well just got in having crashed straight into a bloody lampost. Im devestated. Was travelling down a side street and car started to swerve, tried to control it, wasnt happening and ended up on the kerb then head on into a lamp post. Im gutted. Just had a quick inspection of the damage and as far as i can see, front bumper totally knackered, bonnet totally knackered, grill seemed to be ok surprisingly. Bonnet is all crumpled up in the air. I can really see under the bonnet or open it for that matter but it seems that the radiater might be crippled and the front axle.

Worst of it is i was only doing bout 5-10mph. I'm so gutted, i dunno where to go from here, break the car or what. I need to speak to a number of people before hand but as you can guess im a little annoyed at the moment. Its my first crash due to my own fault, the damage doesnt seem to bad but its the underlying features that will determine if it goes back on the road or not, i dare say that if the front axle is bent as badly as i think it may be then it ,ight not be worth putting back on the road, i will try and get some pictures up tomorrow but keep your eyes peeled coz i might have some parts going

i may b able to help with front axle,
i have a micra thats bein stripped at the mo so any parts you need i wiil have,,but i have no body panels,,

welcome to come and take them off yurself and you can have them m8 there no use to me

cheers lads, well my dad is sue in an hour or so n he gonna inspect the car and we will decide if we strippin or not. Just out of interest, could people put names of any parts they would be interested in, no mods but parts e.g. panels and wrap around spoiler and the like. Before i decide anything on the mod front i need to speak to Wayne coz he in the middle of some work for me and i need to sort him out first. If i do decide to break i will put up a list of mods available and the like but if any one is interested in out else please post here

well as i said ben most the mods im doing could poss be sold on if ne one interested, ust means having to respray them to their colour etc.

and just means the paints fibreglass etc that i paid for untill complation would need sorting out from yoursel.
and again as said dont be to hasty untill inspected.

you never know.

im sure as always sumthing will turn out good from it.

plus it never as bad as first though :D

wayne

Dad has just checked the car and says he thinks its only body damage to bumper n bonnet. Can have a better look tomorrow but says wont be much work to sort front member thing out so looks like it will be going back on the road after all. If anyone has a front bumper or bonnet on the go gimme a shout, i think it might be a super S bumper on my car but im not sure

see what neils got left ben...
if i remember rightly wayne took the bonnet but not sure what 4

sorry to hear about the car tho mate!!!!

cheers, will have a word with him, i will be glad to get it back on the road - got to walk to school tomorrow

Glad to hear your ok mate.

Had a few close calls this morning on the way to work.

Also am waiting to find out how my lass's dad is, as all we know is that he's been in a crash and taken to hospital at the moment.

Yeah Ive possibly got a bonnet and a spare super s/sr front bumper for sale mate as the black on i have hasnt been taken yet...

Not sure if the radiator went out tho, think it did, will check 2nite

nope rad went to meeeee :D

do'h**

edited: because james is an oober nobber and hasnt signed out AGAIN.

lets see what i can do :devil:

Glad your okay mate, and i hope you can get this sorted soon man. Hopfully it will just be pannels that need replacing, but we'll see.
Titch

Sorry to hear about dat mate, i know how you feel, but atleast you didnt involve any one else! Because thats when the claims start and that will screw u! I had to walk to school for 2 weeks when my car was in being fixed, its hard but i managed :p
It will work out in the end, if it can for me it can for anyone!
Gud luck!

Ok well had a look today n jacked it up n give the wheels a turn, they seem to be ok i.e. not buckled but wont know properly til i get it on the motorway. As for the rest - i think its gonna be a case of just the bumper n bonnet to be honest. The bumper snapped down the middle n the bonnet is crippled but it dont seem to be as bad as i first thought. I cant get under the bonnet to see the full extent but theres this bar quite thick (2-3") dunno what it is just under the rediater n it has the indent of the lampost in it. i will get it looked at professionally and if its safe i will just leave it but if not then i will get it replaced but could be a sort of reminder.

I added a pic to try n explain what i mean bout the bar. It sits like just under the radiater but its not actually bent, it just has the impression of the lamp post in it. Not like the top one but it looks like the bottom one ( birds eye view)

Was on the phone to North east motor salvage today ( correct me if im wrong Neil but this is down your way, think i passed it the other day and you used it as a point of referance for me) and they quoted me £65 + VAT for the bonnet and £35 + VAT for the bumper but then i would need to get em sprayed n i dunno what to do bout this...

i think thats quite funny. I reversed into a lamp post the other week and took the thing clean out. just put a slight dint in my bumper.

hmm that would make me soooooooooo much better

im sure he is greatful for your reply that "is constructive"

so for that.
well done howard :p

Slim said:
i think thats quite funny. I reversed into a lamp post the other week and took the thing clean out. just put a slight dint in my bumper.

trhought id add on this point tht it shows k10's are built better than k11's though

so another point in the k10 direction :p

ha ha. I do see the funny side although if i had of been travelling a little faster it oculd have got nasty. My wallet aint gonna see the funny side though.

Just to make matters worse, i got a loft off my mate today and not a bloody mark on the lamp post

:O
Big_ben said:
ha ha. I do see the funny side although if i had of been travelling a little faster it oculd have got nasty. My wallet aint gonna see the funny side though.

Just to make matters worse, i got a loft off my mate today and not a bloody mark on the lamp post

that was clever
did he just simply remove it from off top of his house.

bluming strong fella.

i nearly slid into a lamp post the other morning on my way to work, managed to control it. Las night i ended up mounting a kerb tho wasnt goin very fast at all, but couldnt stop it sliding, no damage luckily

quickdraw said:
Slim said:

trhought id add on this point tht it shows k10's are built better than k11's though

so another point in the k10 direction :p

Not likely K10 is WEAK for crash damage. In every sense!!

Back