Smoooothing boot lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
With any luck my K10 should be back on the road in a week or so but before it does i quite fancy having a go at removing the tits and smoothing the boot :D My question is, what is the best way to go about it? What problems have people overcome etc

26.smooth1.bmp

20.sMOOTH.bmp

cheers Mat.T

I'm loving that black K10. Not seen that one before. Can't help you with the smoothing I'm afraid though. :(

ok firstly remove everything from the rear.

then weld a piece of plate metal the full width and depth of the indentation. (remember to disconnect battery and alternator though ;))

then once thats done etc. grind the welds back so they dont stand out:p

then fibreglass (bridger most of it to get it somewere near. then g7 it down or glass sand it. it is tough to sand.

then once u have it to somewere near u can use a fine cataloy and spread it on then with a square block wrapped in wet and dry sading paper. start to sand get it somewere very near.

then best thing to do is to purchase polyester (you will require compressor to spray this on.
this is a filler but also stops the pait sinking into the cataloy and can be easily sanded smooth :D

once thats done, you are then ready to prime and spray the tailgate to the aquired colour. remembering to mask of the windows etc :D

good luck it will take more than a few days to do though. :D depending on your timescales as in how long each day your working and how often. u may be loooking at a full week just to do it :D

wayne

yeah the black k10 is looking very nice indeed. isn't it umar's or something?

it does look a tad like the old school metro though...

It was umars. It was stolen and set on fire. :(

RE: RE: Smoooothing boot lid

Ed said:
It was umars. It was stolen and set on fire. :(

i hope they found who it was and ripped them apart cos that is the dogs of a k10

Its quite a pain in the ass to do really lol, as it is such a large area of space, and it WILL almost certainly crack in time. :)

hmmm sound more complicated that i had imagined, i might just turn it in to a March by moving the tits in. :D

That black one looks fantastic! Shame it was torched grr. Some of the problems i've seen is the filler can crack!

hmmm, the black k10 looks like Golf 2 at the first sight (from behind), /me doesn't like it so much :\ would look better if tinted rear window (don't know if thats legal in UK?)

BTW, what are these tits you're all talking about? Lights that are lighting the plate?

i think the black one looks great, i would like to do something similar one day.

BTW, what are these tits you're all talking about? Lights that are lighting the plate?

Bingo :D

tits

I want to remove the tits off my micra. Its the only thing i dislike about my car. Wait, the dog #### brown interior is quite bad come to think of it. Any tips on spraying my dash???:k10:

I want to remove the tits off my micra. Its the only thing i dislike about my car. Wait, the dog #### brown interior is quite bad come to think of it. Any tips on spraying my dash???:k10:

Stop hijacking thread mate and that black k10 is mint

Stop hijacking thread??? It was a simple question. Im new to this site. All i want is some help. I thought thats what this site was about???

yes but there is a place for questions.

this thread is about smoothing a boot, not painting an interior.

the forum rules quite clearly state that any off topic chat will be deleted or at least moved.

we are all here to help but we have to obide by the rules or it will very quickly become a web of tangled threads and no answers at all.

hope you understand, nothing would have been meant by it, its just every day we get the same things. brand new members going waaay off topic and clogging up a thread with other questions.

thank you
and if you use the search function, dash spraying has been covered thousands of times.

Thank you. Thats all i need to know. I just dont appreciate arrogence. If anyone reads my thread i do talk about wanting to smooth the boot of my car. Then i asked about interior. Instead of being clever he should have told me to search for it like you did. Im not being funny. It just came accross like i was being spoken to like im a child. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back