Slow/jumpy rev counter

Hope someone can tell me what is wrong, my girlfriend has recently got an 04 plate micra 1.2, one thing that i have noticed recently is that when accelerating the rev counter does not go up smoothly it seems to lag behind and goes up quite jumpy. The engine idles fine and the engine seems to run fine when accelerating. anyone know what the problem is ?

Timing chain ? Would that also not make the car not idle properly with revs jumping up an down ?? The car idles spot on an when accelerating the car is fine no kangooring or anything just the rev gauge jumping ? So could it definitely be the chain ?

Yeh think I will do. However he did say the warranty doesn't cover the clutch or cam belt. So if it is the chain I don't think he will cover it. Or is there anything I can say to make them change it due to it not being a "wear and tear" item like a belt

Yeh think I will do. However he did say the warranty doesn't cover the clutch or cam belt. So if it is the chain I don't think he will cover it. Or is there anything I can say to make them change it due to it not being a "wear and tear" item like a belt

If he said it doesn't cover cam belt, get him to sort it after all there is a big difference be a belt and a chain

like kemp says, warrantie,s never cover "wear and tear" tho, cambelt/camchain same difference ;) the notorious QG15 almera chain issues often have jumpy tacho signs, but i dont recall it being mentioned on k12,s tho tbh ?

like kemp says, warrantie,s never cover "wear and tear" tho, cambelt/camchain same difference ;) the notorious QG15 almera chain issues often have jumpy tacho signs, but i dont recall it being mentioned on k12,s tho tbh ?
Could be a new epidemic :p

Back