slight starting prob

when i turn the key the micra never starts only when i press on the accelorator it starts i have changed plugs ,oil, airfilter , still to fit my fuel filter also the battery i have is an old type one where you have access to the cells to top them up

fuel pump works i hear it every time i turn the key

anything else it could be ???

all the time............even if ya been driving for ages and stopped at a shop :laugh: ( sorry ) ..........it wont start till ya press the pedal..........does it tick over alright when its started, or to ya have to keep abit of pressure on the pedal.............

you do what 95% of the time ...........( keep abit of pressure on the pedal when its started)?...and then if you take ya foot of the pedal it wont tick over and it stalls?..... fit ya new fuel filter and see how it is then.............. sounds like the tick over is abit low and just needs adjusting up a little bit....or am i on the wrong track here....are ya plugs gapped correct?.....and why didnt ya replace the oilfilter when ya did the oil ....... :doh:

the Idle Air control Valve at front of TB needs cleaning and the idle screw at back of TB adjusted to raise the idle speed up to spec

yip and your correct andy thats what happens plugs are gapped and oil filter was changed i will try what pollyp says hope thats the cure cheers

Back