sky plus

I got one but how do you want me to fix it?

most probably your HD is gone which is a common fault in them, if its under warranty then call sky to fix it and they will swop it, or call your insurance oif you took it out, other than that, you could search on the internet for people offering cheap repairs and exchange units. search for like sky + repairs etc etc.

Sorry yes the HD stands for Hard drive storage which is used for live pause and record other channels and also allows you to view any channel that you have not recorded up to half hour before you turned your telly on, in other words if the satlite receiver is in the normal ON mode (not the standby mode) and you had it on say the Doccumentary Channel, then as you came home from outside and turned your telly on and saw an intersting Doccumentary programme and you wished you had seen it from the begining, but luckily you can if you had preselected that rewind feature from the menue when you first bought it, so you could rewind back up to 1/2 hr before the current showing , so this measn the HD is always busy running 24hrs, and this packs them up in less than a year, mine did, so i got a replacement one which now does not do the 1/2hr rewind so when you turn it on, the HD is not running, but it would run if you were recording or watching previously recored programme.

My advice is do not select 1/2 rewind setting otherwise in less than a year you will need a new HD.

managed to get it too work.

i had recorded a programme and when i went to watch it it crashed and i couldnt get it too work

24/7 use would not kill a hard drive in less then a year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_drive#Disk_failures_and_their_metrics

what I was told by the Sky Engineer who was called under a less than a year when my Sky+ went wrong, it wouldn't record any progarmmes, so he simply exchanged the unit, and he said there was some sort of firmware problem that the Sky were trying to sort and due to this they have had lots of these going wrong, since he replaced mine, i noticed that I can no longer rewind any live programmes unless I first choose that option, and also it switches off itself after some time, it gives out a warning message that the system is going to shut down or go into standby unless you want to continue then press backup button. So when you press backup, it will continue for another several hours and shut down automatically unless you press backup again when the warning message comes up.

Back