Sill replacement.

My 1999 micra needs a new sill or welding. its only done 34k and runs perfect so it needs sorting before its next mot as i am sure it will go on for years.

Is it best to do the complete sill or is a sill skin ok? I suppose I may as well get both sides done too. It seems sills are around £50 a pair online unless anyone knows of cheaper?

Thanks

Simon.

its only the rear half that rots usually simon (which is very easy to avoid) the inner sill and surrounding structure is the biggest problem

Thanks for that. The mot tester said it would go through if poked where paint bubble was and he was right. He passed it and said get it done before next one. He also said there was corosion where suspension arms met the chassis which i should rub down and re seal. Can you see if inner sills have gone?

I had a feel inside sills from behind back seat side panels when o got it but it felt dry and ok. How can you avoid it?

if its the bottom of the 1/4 panel then a patch will suffice, and the access from inside is really good for protection and avoidance (behind the casings/trims) the inner sill behind/under the outer sill, and axle trailing arm mount is very awkward to repair

I think I will have to find a local garage in Leeds/Wakefield that can sort it without ripping me off. Or I may even sell it yet.

Thanks again for the help.

Back