sill replacement

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
had the car on a ramp the other day for a pre-mot check the first time ive had a chance to look at the underside and i was rather shocked. when i bought the car a year ago there was major rust in the rear of the drivers sill and the bootlid.
minor rust on the front arches, scuttle, passengers door and a bit on the inside of the boot not bigger than a 50p peice. i jacked up and really was shocked i first had a closer look at the sill which didnt look as bad as i thought i then checked the rest of the underside and there was not a scrap of underseal left.........yet its rock solid!
so now im left with a very solid car apart from one sill :( anyone had a new sill welded in before and if so how much did it cost and did it match well cheers

Take it to a place that restores cars, hopefully you can get someone to do it for cash, there's no VAT involved which usually gets their attention so you should be able to get the welding done for about £100 plus whatever it costs for the Sill, approx £30.

I had one replaced and they did a fantastic job, all for a Ton :)

can you weld? as i did mine a few weeks ago, right from the back about 18 inches down towards the front, only took a few hours and cost me nowt, as i begged, borrowed or pinched everything i needed.

Back