Sidelight wiring?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
How do we go about wiring the prefacelift headlights to the facelift loom?

There's 4 connectors for the sidelights and indicators, only 3 on the prefacelift.
There's 2 earths and individual wires for the indicators and sidelights, only problem is that the sidelights aren't coming on?

Any help as soon as possible would be great, Me and napster are in the middle of a prefaclift conversion right now.. lol.

1. Do you have a Multi meter on you.
2. Put 1st prong to earth.
3. Turn on side lights.
4. Put 2nd prong to each wire until 12v reading.
5. Turn on Indicators.
6. See 4.
7. Turn on Dipped Beam.
8. See 4.
9. Turn on Main beam.
10. See 4.

I have a Facelift K11 but I'm at work at the mo so can go see why there is 2 grounds.

(napster: ) we have main, full, indicators working but not side!?

i thought it would be a case of adding the 2earths together and then attaching the side wire to the third input plug on the pre-facelift lights, but its not working??

no multimeter im afraid....

I have a Facelift K11 but I'm at work at the mo so can go see why there is 2 grounds.

reason is the facelift has seperate indicators and side blocks?? so requires a seperate earth i believe....but pre-facelift (been looking at my micra for help) has three because the side and indictors are in the same connector housing??

confused??? sorry

napster

Napster, no multimeter, use a small wattage bulb and a piece of wire as a substitute.

I can't be much help from that I'm afraid, until later that will proberly be tomorrow.

Are you definatley sure there both earths have you tried interchaging them to see if it does. Are both side light not working? Are the rear side lights working?

Sit down relax have a cup of tea and a think. I helps me.

Napster, no multimeter, use a small wattage bulb and a piece of wire as a substitute.

I can't be much help from that I'm afraid, until later that will proberly be tomorrow.

Are you definatley sure there both earths have you tried interchaging them to see if it does. Are both side light not working? Are the rear side lights working?

Sit down relax have a cup of tea and a think. I helps me.

MATE you where very helpfully!!!!!!!!! i took a break, AND checked the fuses as the rear light where not working....got damn blew it!!!! added new fuse and sorted :laugh:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FROM ME AND ROBERT!!!

NAPSTER

Your welcome to both of ya. I did the same when I was wiring some fogs to a MX-5 because they had fitted LED's in the Fogs which cam on with the side lights then they stopped working it puzzled me for ages. I only went and shorted it, lol.

Get some Pics up so I can what you've done.

thanks again mate! all working fine!!!

we now have a completed facelift to pre-facelift conversion!!! :blush:

robert will upload the pics this evening!!!!

thanks again napster

looks weird...knowing that a few hours ago it was a facelift...insane!!!

weather......was ok...not sunny, not wet, just right todo a converstion :grinning: thought it was going to rain at one point which was scray with half the front missing and it getting dark soon, but it passed!!!!

napster

Back