rear light wiring...

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as above ive fitted prefacelift rear lights to my facelift...just wondering how easy it is to wire the prefacelift bulb holders to the the facelift wiring? as i might give it ago.

can anyone post a quide or somthing? lol would be easiest! also iam not so sharp when it comes to wiring, i know my earths and lives etc...

cheers
dan

Are the bulbholders different shapes? You can pull the wires and their ends out with a long thin metal thing - those swivelly electric hobby screwdrivers are perfect.

I will geta pic as that description is gibberish...

9pc_screwdriver_set.jpg

Thisw kind of thing...

yearh bulb holders are diffrent shape...the facelift ones dont fit an all as the bulbs are too close and dont fit the prefacelift bulb slots.

as for the swivelly screwdrivers i have no idea lol.

Hmm, ok, this pic is more like it - you use the small flat head bit to push a little tab down and then pull the wire out, I have some photos somewhere of when I re-wired my March headlights to do this, but I seem to have misplaced them.

T-010-009.jpg

i just done my rear lights is cut your wires get a 12v battery and sit and work out what each wire lights up then do you have a multimetre if you do u work out what each wire in the car does by switching everthing on one by one

*hint* the onlyone that doesnt change is the indicator

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Back