Rear light swap. Help please.

Ive just picked up some prefacelift rear light units for my 52 plate K11 Micra and when wiring them up its all not quite right. Indicators are fine, but when i put the sidelights on the indicators come on. to save me faffing about has anyone fitted these before and worked out what needs snipping to make everything work as it should? Cheers all.

Its pretty straight forward, i take the connection for the lights apart and swap the pins around. This means no cutting of wires etc. And i tend to concentrate on getting one set of each lights working first . i.e. Lights, brake lights, indicators, reverse then fog

Ahh, thats a better idea thanks! And thank you for the rapid reply, ive just been fiddling about trying to pull the wires out of the plug, then realised that they are held in by the tabs top and botton. once these were pinged open, happy days!
Ill try and get some pics up later, its only my daily, but cant leave it alone! These micras are addictive little things arnt they? Trouble is, my project in the garage hasnt been touched for a while since the micra bug bit.

Job done. First time ive had to change rear lights that are stuck in with that sealant gunk. Poxy stuff!

Izzyandmicra006.jpg

Nice job, ive done it loads now so have a technique to removing them :) micras are really easy to work on as youll notice the more you venture

cheers dude, ive owned many cars, mostly classics, and didnt want to own a 'modern' as I saw them as complicated. This Micra is simple, making it tempting to fiddle with. My first car was a Mini and my enthusiasm for the Micra takes me back to that, and with the newley fitted wheels and sticky tyres its now got go-cart like handling. Of course it needs lowering and stiffening, which will happen once ive got some slightly lower profile tyres. It goes on and on and.........

Back