Side window replacement

Hi there, new to the forum and thought you guys would possibly be more knowledgeable than my google-fu. I have a micra k12, and in the unfortunate event of having locked my spare key in the car, and unable to find my usual set. I inadvertently shattered the nearside rear window. Of course I could have it fixed by a window technician, but was wondering I it was something that could be done by an amateur in the way of home mechanics.

Like I say, I cant seem to find alot to go on online so am hoping someone here could help?

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

3 door or 5?
I removed my window at front passengers side and cleaned it easy while replacing the window mechanism.
It was not that complicated.
You would require workshop manual maybe or a diagram.
Basically if it's a door it's trim clips and a few bolts.
Otherwise a 3 door it probably needs a fixing into place the replacement.

3 door or 5?
I removed my window at front passengers side and cleaned it easy while replacing the window mechanism.
It was not that complicated.
You would require workshop manual maybe or a diagram.
Basically if it's a door it's trim clips and a few bolts.
Otherwise a 3 door it probably needs a fixing into place the replacement.
Yeah it's a 3 door. By the looks of windscreen replacements though (closest thing I could find), I think it's a case of cleaning up the adhesive and using urethane to attach the window back on, which seems another cheaper than calling a glass tech

What would be cool is if you could somehow get a hinge into that window and make it like the k11 windows that open slightly.

I was going to use sheet metal probably would have to weld it tho for my van look probably now I'm wondering would it stick just like glass tho.
Wait no I think I'm just gonna have to move on from my micra van. ?

What would be cool is if you could somehow get a hinge into that window and make it like the k11 windows that open slightly.

I was going to use sheet metal probably would have to weld it tho for my van look probably now I'm wondering would it stick just like glass tho.
Wait no I think I'm just gonna have to move on from my micra van.
Your micra van looks good, I had a gander at your post and I'm sure it would, from what I've read is that the polyurethane can bond metal, I mean it's bonding to your body work

That is quite interesting I would think that the adhesive wouldn't be that hard to remove and I would have the windows still.
I'm handy with a jig saw it would probably take some effort to get the right shape.
Wonder if it would be an expensive project to get the sheet metal or maybe even an alloy or stainless material and some adhesives to do that.
It would certainly be quicker and less hastle than welding it with spot welds.

Back