Side window fitment

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Some low life smashed my passenger side window today for no apparent reason as nothing was stolen and I had over 3k worth of camera gear hiding under the sun shade in the rear foot well....Odd. After 3 hours in traffic I had a replacement and now have to fit it. Is it hard to fit? Anyone done it before? Any tips would be great.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Like front window? And not that hard really take off the door trim, put the window half way you will see where it usually sits, know out all the old window and clean up the other window pieces that there maybe then menoviur the new window in and onto its seat

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Never fitted glass before. Front passengers side window on a 2 door. Pulled the inside door card off but I am not sure if I need to remove more stuff like the rubber seal and outside metal trim parts. Also how to fit it eg wind the regulator half way down and fit in the glass then wind up to pop the two bolts into the regulator or wind the regulator fully down and fit glass and lower the glass down to attach to the regulator.

CMF_oldboy40s

» CMF Member
Hi,

A few years ago my super s passenger window was smashed. If i can remember, you will have to remove the inside door card and remove the middle rubber seals. You can see two holes on the door. From there you will have to remove 2 bolts holding up the window. Clean away all the glass then slide the new window down on an angle towards the bracket that holds the window and bolt it down. Then just put back the rubber seals and door card.

Where abouts are you in Perth?? If you are close by my place i could give you a hand.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Thanks oldboy. Turns out my insurance covers all glass with nothing to pay so I let the pros do it for me. Now I have some spare glass to sell :) I should have checked that first lol.

CMF_oldboy40s

» CMF Member
It was good that you had insurance. It was very hard for me to get the window as it was a super S window. Managed to get it at Jap Wreck for $450. If it was a 4 door slx window it would be much cheaper.

Back