Rear quarter window replacement (k11 5 door)

Some undesirable smashed my driver side rear quarter window on my 2002 Micra. It's a 5 door so it's the very small window. Providing I can actually find a replacement, which will be a challenge, does anyone know how to replace the quarter glass?

I've managed to clear all the bits of glass out of the car and the rubber seals but currently being covered by a bin bag and gaffer tape.

I believe you need to remove the main rear window and its lifter mechanism, then remove the rail between the two window parts, after which the rear quarter window is just slotted in. See this image from the service manual for reference:View attachment 88131
Thank you, that's helpful. Mine has a manual winder mechanism for the window rather than electric. I wonder if I can get away with just winding the window all the way down and seeing if I can remove the rail?

That image is for the manual winder. I’d say the safest bet is to remove the window from the mechanism, there should be holes to access the bolts behind the inner door panel. On a further look I don’t think you need to remove the lifter mechanism itself.

Back