Side Strips

K

k11_micra

I've noticed some people take their side skirts off their K11's or paint them the same colour.

Which do you think looks better?

How easy is it to do both? Are there any links to sites showing me how to do this?

Cheers :)

if you take them off its alot of work, just mask up the surrounding area and paint the strips! the top models like the si's, super s and sr had them color coded standard.

i took them off once to find a load of glue and that the paint work hadnt been done right (so was left with big black holes in the paint)... id spray personally. thats what im going to do this time round.

one of mine fell off last week and i had to remove the old glue to stick it back on. I used isopropanel (electrical contact cleaner alcohol based)on a sponge and it came off well easy

one of mine fell off last week and i had to remove the old glue to stick it back on. I used isopropanel (electrical contact cleaner alcohol based)on a sponge and it came off well easy

it would come off well easy, hence why your strip fell off in first place :p

if you take them off its alot of work, just mask up the surrounding area and paint the strips! the top models like the si's, super s and sr had them color coded standard.

Will I need to do much prep work or just spray straight on?? Any guides anywhere I should know aboput? Cheers :)

just mask up the surrounding area, then sand down the strips, primer them (atleast 3coats), them put on the base coat (main coloer, 3coats) then laqauer them (4-5coats) then leave 24hr to harden then give them a t-cut to get small lumps out etc.

I'm also looking to do this!

What primer is needed? Where canI get it from? Also, where can I get paint from? How much roughly will I need?

Can I still drive in between coats (as long as its touch dry) or will it screw it up?

get any primer, paints can be found at a motorfactors. you could drive in between coats yes, but i would becarful not to get it dirty or wet! paint ideally needs 24hrs to harden.

Spray can. Make sure u get plastic primer though. And follow the drying times properly. Oh, and a thousand metres of masking tape for the newspaper. You'll need to cover near enough the whole side of the car!!

Oop's, didn't read the previous posts. But seriously i'd wait till it says. Which is longer than 15 mins :p

Back