K11 Facelift Door Bump Strips and Bumper Corner Strips Removal

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Sorry About The Long Title, BUT can anybody tell me how to get the :

a) Side Bump Strips off the Door and Chasis, but I do need to put them back on.

b) Front and Rear Bumper Corner Bump Strips off, as before I do need to put back on.

I'm asking because I intend on painting them, on previous cars I've had there has been metal spring plates keeping them on, but I've seen the odd run down Micra about with these missing and it looks as if they've been put on using double sided sponge tape.

thum_452148401c3beaca2.jpg

not sure if the Bumper Corner Strips are the same but the bump strips are just glued on, in the process of removing mine now (permanently though)

should be in k11 section cos if you were there then you would see my guide called "how to remove your bump strips" ;)

Any chance of anyone moving this thread for me?

I've seen the odd Micra around with chrome corner bump strips, but I want to paint mine white along with my alloys.

Any chance of anyone moving this thread for me?

I've seen the odd Micra around with chrome corner bump strips, but I want to paint mine white along with my alloys.

they should just pop out. the bumper ones are replacable. you can buy the chrome ones from nissan and just pop them in :D

if you are not colour coding them then you are better off spraying them where they are, mask them off and paint them. no point taking them off, it will take for ever to get the glue off just to put them back on again.

if you are not colour coding them then you are better off spraying them where they are, mask them off and paint them. no point taking them off, it will take for ever to get the glue off just to put them back on again.

Fair Point, but if they popped off I would have done that but as they are glued I'll do it that way.

Back