Side Repeaters

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Some clear repeaters i ordered for my k11 facelift turned up today. The plastic lenses fit fine to the body but the blub holder doesnt fit into the lenses at all! Its a completely different fit (visible if looking at the back of the lenses - i really should have noticed before wrecking one of the bulbs trying to fit them)

Link to the repeaters:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8023193131&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Has anyone else had this problem? I wouldnt have a clue how to go about trying to find bulb holders that would fit them!

- I have also tried searching the forums but only found questions/answers about pre-facelift repeaters!

Thanks

the bulbs actually dont fit into the lense at all with the current holder, so i cudnt actually glue it in :( im going to go down scrappy tmr and see if the connections of earlier facelifts are any different, i will post back if i get it sorted. Thanks!

i broke em, oopps! they were the wrong sort, maybe for a jap/eu micra or something. brought some more now which should arrive tomorrow!

I have scrated up the paintwork (like really deep) under the repeater, in terms of looks i dont mind becuase its obviously under the repeater, would there be any problems with rust because of that tho? thanks.

if you can see metal then yes but i have a BIG scratch on the boot of my car and it's right down to the white primer (was carrying bikes on the car and they were hitting the paint)

and that hasn't rusted at all... but then it might be aluminium... i'm not sure...

best cover the scratched paint just to be safe.

as for the holder not staying on i had this problem and solved it with electrical tape! :D

me personally, i'd try and get your money back as these clearly don't fit and he stated thet they are for your micra. if he wont reply you can get your money back from ebay if you payed by paypal.

sorry i should have posted this before:

i managed to get some bulb holders that fit off a facelift micra in a scrapyard (free of charge :D). I dont know why my micra had dodgy buld holders on it im sure! Either way abit of wire cutting & joining and it all looks good :D

cheers guys

Back