side repeaters...

Stani1029

Club Member
bought these clear ones but the bulb holder doesnt fit in and they dont clip into the wing, can anyone tell me by the picture if they are facelift ones?? i defo bought pre-facelift ones but i think ive the wrong ones sent cheers

2973667202a9931256103o.jpg

a think mine wer the same mate, did they come with the holders and bulbs? i carnt remember but i mix mached the parts and a cut the wires for the indercators and wired the new ones in then was all good

They are definatley for pre-facelift, the facelift is an oval shape.

If all else fails superglue ftw!

fwn dont super glue it, do it the right way, if you dont mind waitingn till the morning i'll pull mine to bits and let you know how i did it as i carnt remember of the top of ma head

the bulb holder doesnt stay in at all, it wiggles about then falls into the wing. i didnt get bulb holders with it...but i did get the orange bulbs

iirc the standard ones push down to come out and the clear ones are twist fit?

looking at them now i can see that they might twist in, but what about the bulb holders. i cant just leave them hanging cause they will disappear and if i glue them in then thats raf! o_O

err i'm not sure tbh, i've not fitted any i just know that they twist in, can't tell you about the bulb holders mate.

do they not twist fit in aswell mate?

thats those dodgy ones,

i have a few sets of clears, and i have some with spring clips and i have one set like yours that seem to twist in. i can't find a bulb holder that fits and they don't seem to fit into the wings so they are next to useless. sorry mate but i don't have a cure for that, best thing i can suggest is talk to the person you got them off and get some new ones because those are wrong.

i mailed them and told them, now they havent replied so am not gonna bother wasting my time over £8 or whatever they cost me...

seems a shame to just not use em tho. Surely with a few modifications they should fit? Then if not then they can be left alone lol.

hello bud took some pics, and it re joged my nut, i modded the std bulb holders.

a know the pics arnt the best but on the bulb holder you can just make out on the little bits that stick out on the side a cut them in half corner to corner then just slightley round the corner off, they just twist in

Attachments

• 000_0462.jpg
    000_0462.jpg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 000_0467.jpg
    000_0467.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 184
you could just take the clear bits off and bond them to some stock lights. i don't know how well the plastics will seperate....

you can do that.....as they come apart quight easy but you pay all that money just to discard moast of it, :down: bumba

thanks for the photos, im gonna try taking them both apart. i have a brand new heat gun which i bought about 6 months ago and i think this is the time to use it :p cheers for the help

This is how i made mine fit when i had the same problem...(see pic)

The grey part far right is the old holder from an amber lens...this fits inside the recess in the clear lens its a tight fit so no need to bond them in (you can if you want) it then allows you to fit the bulb in normally. :)

Attachments

• Solarice-BulbHolderMod.JPG
    Solarice-BulbHolderMod.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 163
Ahh.

I just taped them like modded said, but I have a big box full of nissan ones, and some random clear ones. So I might experiment.

Back