side light mod

O

ohc_turbo

anyone mucked around with the side lights?

when you turn sidelights on the headlight go on dip and the sidelights come on, there is a way to just get the sidelights to come on without the headlights on dip, can anyone figure out the wire that goes to the headlight so i can snip it, i think it looks ugly the way it is at the moment.

another idea ive had is to re route the bumper indicators and put them where the side light are like the datsun micra, if i done it this way id have to leave the above sidelight mod as id have no sidelights. i was thinking if i done it this way it would be nice to get a set of driving lights and fit them into the bumper where the indicators would have been, i have seen lights that are in fairly similar size to the indicator lights, this might be the best combo really to do

what do you guys think?

I believe if you relocate the indicators to where the sidelights are you can also remove the side repeaters from the front wings and filler the holes..

I have amber bulbs in mine, so they light up all the time :) cheep as chips mod £3 501a bulbs, Halfords

thacreeper said:
I believe if you relocate the indicators to where the sidelights are you can also remove the side repeaters from the front wings and filler the holes..

i wouldn't do that mate its an mot failer .
thay failed me for not havin side repeaters when i replaced 2 rotten wings and i thought it would look better without them...

Quick question, what are "wings"? Are they what a Canadian would call fenders?

Nismo_MicraS13,

Yes, I think you call them fenders.... they are the metal body work parts on the micra that comprise the front wheel arch, side-repeater indicator (turn signals) as far as the front head lights. They are fitted to the front-sides of the car.

Its funny when someone from another area points this out.....lol....WINGS!...its not like they are used for flying..lol typical British lingo!

If I had my way, I would call them "cheeks"....lol

bobsp16 said:
i wouldn't do that mate its an mot failer .
thay failed me for not havin side repeaters when i replaced 2 rotten wings and i thought it would look better without them...

Do you think this might be subjective depending on the MOT tester...and what side of bed He/She got out of?

I would say..if the flashing indicator is clearly visible from the side without a repeater then there should be no reason to fail....

Afterall....my bike has no side repeaters...only forward and rear facing (although I'm considering modding side-repeaters onto the Bike)..lol

Back