sheffield meet 5th of FEB

sorry to be a willy but can admin or RIK change the title to

"26th feb sheffield meet"

as it still says 5th... if you cant nevermind.... ta

yup guys im up for a convoy down :D

Me> Alienfish360> Andy_S> Mean Micra> Hughes_16v> 59BHP> Kristian> Goldstar>

Any other people ive forgot ? Im looking forward to this as i should have my car lowered by this date wohoooo

is kristian coming and ricardo, two funny guys there lol

yes if possible it would be good for a title change
if e comes i would suggest he would bring his short shifters, i seen em they look very good quality, also they come with a free sticker lol
thats best bit

mean micra said:
sorry to be a willy but can admin or RIK change the title to

"26th feb sheffield meet"

as it still says 5th... if you cant nevermind.... ta

done

Sounda all good, lots of interest :D

Random question: Any chance of borrowing the use of a compression gauge off someone in the car park? :)

Herr_spl1ff said:
Sounda all good, lots of interest :D

Random question: Any chance of borrowing the use of a compression gauge off someone in the car park? :)

i could bring one

and yeah it only changed on the title of my first post and not on the one you see on the main page

well where are all the NW convoy gonna meet? Ashton Retail park again like the last meet? we can then get on M60 and M67 towards Sheffield then along Snakes Pass as ive never been through snakes pass :)

Andy_S said:
well where are all the NW convoy gonna meet? Ashton Retail park again like the last meet? we can then get on M60 and M67 towards Sheffield then along Snakes Pass as ive never been through snakes pass :)

I hate snakes pass. Friend of mine advocated a little challenge through snakes pass in summer last year.

However, ended up rolling his car at around 55mph into a tree. Lucky thing was though, that it was the ONLY tree on that side of the cliff face. Would have been a big drop otherwise. Since then, only ever done 50mph on it :s

Ashton is a bit out of the way coming from this part of NW, easier for me to join the M60 straight off and go through. What about a services on the M67 or M60?

the date has been changed wilsonian so you could still come.

it is the 26th of feb

the title has not changed but the first thread has, if u read the last page you'll get the picture

Shefield is a long wayaway - although snake pass would be funny. TBH i'm not sure.... fuel bills are getting higher each month (trips to sunderland and wigan etc)....

Ok I'm not posting operational data so i'm ok saying this to you lot, but...

Here in South Yorkshire as a police force are taking a dim view on car 'cruises' meets and general anti-social behaiviour. Recently there have been a number of complaints leading to operations to stop this.

As a result there have been a number of vehicle rectivation notices and a cars have been removed from their owners. Vehicles often come from out of the county so don't think that because your from another area you don't count.

I strongly suggest keeping a low profile, avoid playing loud music, don't sit revving your cars etc...

I'm not saying don't come to south yorks and have a good time, I mean I might even pop down if i've not got something on.

this is why i like the ashton branch - the police don't mind as much - we don't do daft cruise things, just all parked up having a laugh.

the police are ther every meet at the retail park,,and dont move them on! same as donny cruise the police know about it and aslong as its peacefull thers not a problem..wer just a few micras! not a cruise

richmicratwista said:
yes lots of fixed cameras and specs

when it says 50 make sure that needle aint straying

and there like really close to each other

i got ROADPILOT so tells me every camera in UK and speed limit and is GPS accurate so im alright :D

Rik, cheers that would be most appreciated :) Snake pass is always good for a laugh, just treat it with the respect it deserves! The only cameras on that stretch are in Glossop, after the end of the M67. Once the national speed limit kicks in you can go as fast as your stupidity allows... ;)

RIK said:
the police are ther every meet at the retail park,,and dont move them on! same as donny cruise the police know about it and aslong as its peacefull thers not a problem..wer just a few micras! not a cruise
Ok i'm just saying be careful, we've had two cars taken from their owners and a large number of vehicle rectification notices handed out within the past week.

Jus don't want u lot to have a bad experiance with SYP and get in a mood with me about it.

Hope you have a good meet.

MA12:) said:
Ok i'm just saying be careful, we've had two cars taken from their owners and a large number of vehicle rectification notices handed out within the past week.

Jus don't want u lot to have a bad experiance with SYP and get in a mood with me about it.

Hope you have a good meet.

lol three of my mates have that order on them (172 or summat) one of them robbo :p

one of those cars you had wasnt a red pug106 was it???lol

I'm going but i'll be late about 6:45 ish cos I gotta take the boss to work first:glare: I'll go to the retail pk and look for some micras :grinning: . like I've said before if we are quiet n respectfull there should be no probs but move from meadowhall before the croud gets too big cos they have cops on siteo_O

Yorkie

P.s see ya there!!

If there is any chance that there will be any issues with police, I can't afford to go. Have other problems atm, so need to not have anything car related going on really.

AND I WONT be doing anything stupid. Ill just be parked up and boot open to show the screens off really lol

wilsonian said:
Or the T5 behind the bush! LOL

Yet to see one on the actual pass (Glossop-Ladybower ish) in 6 years riding/driving it, can't really think where they'd hide one! At least they don't threaten the use of the helicopter :(

missed off not in other post but i meant i prob wont be able to make it cuz its unlikely they will get any one to cover me :(

Not going to be able to make this now, so hope you all have a good time. I'm just too poor. But i'll see if my flatmate can lend us a bit and if so I'll see if i can come.

agghhh! i wouldnt be able to make it,but its on my front door :D so i can

everyone else still in then???????

if thers gonna be a small turnout then maybe postpone for a fortnight???

what you guys think? i personally would like to see a huge turnout so where numbers are the greatest i would rather postpone to a later date...

if theres enough of us i say we still go down..

i agree, i may have a car for next sunday but not sure you see......i will defo have one in 2 weeks, in two weeks im sure ppl like alienfish etc will have cash and will be able to make it

richmicratwista said:
yes it prob good idea to wait but we have had this planned ages and people knew we were having it so why not save a bit of money aside

unforseen circumstances. That bit of money I've saed for this, has had to be used elsewhere. In more important areas. Like things for my car to get it through the MOT. Where I had to borrow money. Replacing my gear shifter etc.

If only it was that straight forwards

Back