Shaming Parcels2go & DHL

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
I know we don't have a named & shamed bit, but I feel the members on here should atleast know what these companies are like

AVOID them at all costs.

I bought a bootlid from a Sonny (Type R) and it was arranged to be posted using Parcels2go. DHL came and collected it on the 4TH Oct and it was next day delivery. It hadnt arrived by the 8th so I phoned Sonny and he told me it was picked up on the 4th and showed me the invoice.

I then contact Parcels2go, who told me to contact DHL, so I contacted them and they informed me that for some reason the parcel was showing up as "disposed" I asked what that meant and he said it was damaged so they throw it away. He could not get through to the depot it was at as everyone was away home at 4pm, thought the depot is open to 6 :S

So I phoned DHL back the next morning and they said it had been thrown out and asked if it was liquid - bear in mind it was a car body panel. They then said it had been authorised by an employee at Parcels2go, and to contact them as Parcels2go had contracted them to collect and deliver the parcel.

Again, I contacted Parcels2go who basically said there was nothing that they could do. They also had the package showing up as a teapot first of all, then a towbar. I was also told this time I could make the claim for it when the first time I was told Sonny had to do it.

So basically I paid for a parcel to be delivered, the broke it, took it apon themselves to throw out my property without contacting myself, or Sonny.

AVOID parcels2go at all costs.

I've worked with companies in the past like city link and amtrak and even if the item is damaged they'll still deliver it. TBH i think thats been stollen in transit and their covering up.

Keep an eye on ebay for it....

I think the same as you Wilsonian. Its very very unusual for a parcel to just go missing like that.

I agree it would have been delivered if still damaged. The could tell it was damaged, but then said it was wrapped up in cardboard, hmmm.

ive never heard of a company throwing away destroyed products. They have been paid to provide a service, so that sounds like complete rubbish. If an item is damaged on arrival, you can clame compensation. They have no right to throw it away!

I know. I have tried phoning them and got told to send an email about a claim to get an automated email back saying print a form, fill it in and post it back a reciept etc. And they also ask to keep a hold of item as proof. Can hardly do that if they have chucked it out.

The annoying thing is that they didnt phone myself or Sonny, and also chucked it out within a couple of days of it being at their depot.

I have emailed several papers - Thanks Manda :p - aswell to let more people know to avoid this lot.

I have posted stuff alot and anyone I have spoke to have never heard of a courier company throwing away property

we use DHL at work and although the DHL guy is a top bloke even he says that DHL are crap....

Quick update.

Just off the phone to them and the supervisor refused to speak to me. They could not give me a number for their complaints or claims department as they only deal with e-mail apparently. Then I get told I can't make the claim as I didn't book the postage.

So now I need to get ahold of Sonny for a refund and he has to chase it up as he will have all the documentation etc.

same thing happened to me, apparently my steering wheel got "Stolen" in transit, and they wouldnt deal with me because I was the buyer, luckly I paid with paypal and they made the seller (who was in America) refund me

when something goes wrong, they dont wanna know like, as usual quick to take peoples money but not quick to help anyone, especially the buyer, its upto the seller to make the claim now.

You dont have much luck with getting body panels in one piece Scottish SR..

Im going to completley wrap your grill and label it as Bedsheets..

This should avoid any prying eyes..

Then again, ive done some part time work with greenalls and bodypanels never get given a soft ride.. anything with Glass in is a NO NO!!!

my mum uses DHL for her business and like you have just said NEX, the drivers even admit they are bad and stuff goes missing.

its been robbed......must have been

Worth contacting Citizens Advice Bureau, or Trading Standards. Also some newspapers have consumer rights pages where you can send complaints about companies (def the Guardian and the Mirror do), and maybe local papers - suggest cc'ing any emails to Parcel2go to the organisations above. There are also loads of consumer review sites like Ciao and Reviewcentre.com, where you can name and shame. The threat of all the bad publicity may force them into action.

I mentioned to the person on the phone that I suspected it had been stolen and was told you can't assume that. I just replied that I could unless he could probide me with photographic proof of it smashed and in a skip.

I will contact some more people aswell as trading standards I think.

Remember Krisitan you did post me side windows and they got here fine. If they didnt take it as it had glass the driver could have turned it away.

Kev reversed over it with a forklift..

Kenith tried to run through a door way with his dimentionally underestimated parcel..

Keith ate it..

Kathline misread 'tailgate' as 'Rail Inflate' and um.. lost a leg?

Im bored...

unfortunatly mate.. your very unlikey to get neither you item back or a decent excuse for it going missing...

Just concentrate on getting compensated for it..

Good luck..

insight for you guys . . . .

I used to be a DHL courier and all was cool, dealing with B2B (business to business).

Then came the take over by Deutsche Post from Germany and merged DHL with Securicor and then it all went Pete Tong!!!
To make it worse they introduced a contract with parcels2go - which they didn’t need.

They do more deliveries to private address customers than business.

They work on numbers and forecast, never listen to the employees,

I them moved into sales and it was hard trying to keep customers, in the end I left!!!!

I still see a few of my old DHl drivers about and they tell me its all Swear filter evading is not tolerated

Good luck with sorting the prob out!!!

Thanks for the support. I just dont want people to get caught out. I will phone Sonny again and let him know the state of play. He said he would Paypal me the money back and then take it up with the courier.

He will get his money back as it was insured and they threw it away.

I work for Exel UK which has just been taken over by DHL, I can tell you that they have no respect for the 'little man', their main problem in my opinion is that they employ too many immigrant agency staff, many of which are untrustworthy in my experience.

You cant blame immigrants for the poor transportation of parcels, they are human beings as well you know - it is a pritty bold/racist statement you made.

no, not racist, as some members here will remember I have had quite heated debates with a certain member against racism, the point I am trying to make is that my depot employs many eastern european, african and middle eastern agency workers with very little command of the english language, this in turn causes mistakes to be made through misunderstanding instruction and procedure, as for many, although not most, agency staff being dishonest, it is a fact that there have been quite a few dismissals of both british and immigrant agency employees due to theft both from the company and from other colleagues, however most have been immigrants, I take great exception to being called a racist, I have quite a few non british friends including south africans, somalians, turks, greek, angolan, italian, indian and iraqi. Anyway lets get back on topic eh.

Asraf said:
You cant blame immigrants for the poor transportation of parcels, they are human beings as well you know - it is a pritty bold/racist statement you made.

He's not being racist. My Dad is a security manager for Royal Mail and they have exactly the same problem there. Its not because they are immigrants that they are stealing/loosing mail though, its because the company is trying to make a quick buck by using agencies who don't do their job properly to employ dishonest people. Immigrants just happen to be cheap, so therefore make up the majority of the agency-employed staff.

Hope all this gets sorted in due course anyway. Even if it is the company policy of parcels2go to take up any compensation claim with the seller, their customer service has been poor at best.

Generally Postvan are ok, have had some things sent by them, including rear windows, and they got here fine.

Twice things have arrived with ANC, only thing I have had damaged by them was the bonnet. Bumpers did arrive fine today, were very well wrapped though.

Well I did use parcel2g.co.uk to send the screen to Sweden. It was picked up last friday and delivered today in perfect condition. Interlink collected it.... who we happen to use at work and have been the best courier we have used out of almost everyone.

Just goes to show that they don't get it wrong all the time I suppose.

Kev

Thats true kev, every company will get it wrong sometime, the courier we use to collect LCD and Plasma TV's, they break and lose so many it's crazy!

Anything can and will be lost!

ive used parcel 2 go first time they were fine, second time they were supposed to collect a parcel so i waited in and they never came the service was appauling never ever use Parcel2go!!!!!

I just used them today. Ordered online 30 mins ago, they just collected... Lets hope it arrives in once piece.

they dnt want to pay me and have said that my parcel wasnt insured, when i paid for insured service. Its like they dnt even no what they are doing.

i told them i want to see photographic proof of my item being disposed of otherwise its classified as theft.

lets see what they say, from my experience these people are really not professional at all.

This is what they have replied....

Good Morning,

Please find below this caption from our terms and conditions:

Special provision as to the excepted risks and as to strikes etc.
The Company and its servants or agents shall not in any circumstances whatever be liable for any damage caused to the Customer arising directly or indirectly from or in consequence of any of the excepted rinks, or for any expenses whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom.

"the excepted risks" mean:
War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power, or loot, sack, or pillage in connection therewith, and/or
lonising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel on from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, and/or
Radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof, and/or
Pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds, and/or
The absence, failure or inadequacy of packing or packaging:
'The Service Order" means the Service Order and Schedule form overleaf:
'This Agreement" means the Service Order together with these terms.

Parcel2go.com will not put any of the carriers at risk from damaged goods

As your parcel contained glass this would have posed as a considerable risk to the courier handling the parcel and therefore the item was destroyed

Best regards

Parcel2go.com

any advice on what to do know?

It shouldnt matter about anything else, the fact is you have a contract with them to deliver a parcel which they did not complete.

They knew it had glass on it when they picked it up, if they dont take glass, the driver would have said surely.

They don't have a leg to stand on really, they should have phoned yourself, or me when the parcel got damaged to find out what was to happen with it.

And you have the invoice in your email saying it was insured.

The absence, failure or inadequacy of packing or packaging:
that would appear to be their get out clause on this one, there's no proof that it was wrapped sufficiently because they disposed of the evidence.

send a letter from a solicitor i bet they would pay up just to save the hassle.

Back