setting timing

S

scoot

:k10: hi just redone my timing today after recently doing the head gasket the timing marks on the fly wheel were siting between the 20 an 10 mark I take it it was too far advanced ?reset it to 0 with the vacuum pipe removed/plugged now its sitting at the little mark with the pipe connected back up between the 0 and 10 tho more towards the 0 is this ok to run it like that ? I used a gunson tachostrobe the one with the low,med,and high rpm I set it at 800 rpm is this ok?the reason i checked it was it seemed to be running to hot as when I stopped and switched off you could smell and hear the engine tink as it was cooling down:glance: do you think it was running too hot ? cheers S

Timing

:k10: hi just redone my timing today after recently doing the head gasket the timing marks on the fly wheel were siting between the 20 an 10 mark I take it it was too far advanced ?reset it to 0 with the vacuum pipe removed/plugged now its sitting at the little mark with the pipe connected back up between the 0 and 10 tho more towards the 0 is this ok to run it like that ? I used a gunson tachostrobe the one with the low,med,and high rpm I set it at 800 rpm is this ok?the reason i checked it was it seemed to be running to hot as when I stopped and switched off you could smell and hear the engine tink as it was cooling down:glance: do you think it was running too hot ? cheers S

Hi here are some timing figures:

Ignition timing/idol rotational speed * idol (BTDºC/rpm): M/T car 15±5/700, A/T car 12±5/900 (18±5/750)
Ignition timing/idol rotational speed * initial (ATDºC/rpm): M/T car 2/700, A/T car 2/900 (2/750)

Density (%/ppm) of idol CO/HC
(maintenance target value)
A: At the second introduction of air

Charlotte

Back