Servicing

What's the best kit for me to service my car
I'm a high mileage driver.. Around 350-400 miles a week
So what engine oil would I need? And filters?
Also is there a how-to service guide anywhere here?

I have a s reg k11 btw and it's on 78k been fully serviced by Nissan and a local garage by the first owner up to around 50k but the last owner didn't service it at all, bought it on 68k and got a full service in the beginning of the year from a local garage myself so its bad a little gap of not being looked after

There are decent service kits on ebay.
A service kit should consist of:
Air filter
Fuel filter
Oil filter
10w40 oil
(Possibly pollen filter)

At a guess you'll want your brake fluid replacing too, Dot 4, it has a life span of two years

As for a guide on here.. there will be one somewhere. If not I'm sure somone wont mind knocking one up

Air filter being the simplest to do, fuel filter is still a direct replacement except a tad more fiddly.
Oil and filter is the harder of the 3. Sometimes removing the oil filter is a task in itself
Brake fluid requires two people to bleed a system :)
Hope this helps

I asked for a service guide myself... Couldn't find one anywhere :( Someone said they may make one next time they do a service though... just get a haynes micra manual, its got lots of details in it :)

10w40 oil is that fully synthetic? Does it matter if its branded or not, just had a problem with my car engine got flooded because i moved it from the drive yday and shut the car off! Had to take out the fuel pump fuse and start it back up and put the fuse in again, starts now tho, but am I being paranoid or it sounds a bit different when I start it now like a little Roar when it starts then it sounds normal.. Weird

Sorry to resurrect a old thread. I’ve been looking on ebay and there are a lot of service kits on ebay – how do you know if these are genuine of cheap foreign knock-offs? Anyone got any recommended sellers?

Back