Servicing Costs - God Damn!!!!

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
Just phoned up to get a servicing quote for the first service (9k miles).

£175!!!!! Jeezus Christ!!!

Surely all a 1st service is to change the oil and filters??

I know, these things are soo cheap to service!
I can't believe I got oil filter, sump washer, air filter and a set of Denso plugs for less than 20 quid!

the oil and oil filter swap on its own is £90 at my dealers...they charge for all your liquids and then about 30quid an hour labour

My dealership charges £70p/h, 1st 3rs services are always going to cost extra as the dealers are trying to make back their money, my mum's 2nd yr on was like 200 quid, but htey can charge that as people don't want to risk voiding their warranty

Wouldn't u pay more anyway for the first service?, just coz the car's being properly run in!!!!!

it doesnt matter how old your car is the service price will/should be the same, if you think the first service is expensive god forbid you find out how much a p3 service will be as its the biggest service you will have on it .

My 1.4 is 3yrs old (just go it)and its never been serviced before I got it (although Dixon has stamped the book when I picked it up, after they told me that it had svs history!)! So I have just treated it to a cone filter, new oil filter,3ltr's of Castrol EDGE 0w40(£37!) and yesterday I bought some NGK platinum V groove plugs (£50!!!!). I hope this will make up for some of the neglect by the previous owner. it feels better already :eek:)

Yorkie

Back