Micra Servicing coats

E

essexgirl

Hi all
Just had my 2nd service on my Micra and it was £264. I thought it was going to be around the £150 region. The service was indeed £152 but all the filters, wipers, oil etc brought it to the toal amount
As this is the first service since I have had the car it seems a little expensive.
Garage was Glyn Hopkin in Buckhurst Hill but guess the second service is more expensive than the first.
Cheers for any comparisons.
A

nissan dealers are a complete rip off. dont go to them.

Use an independant garage, or vauxhall or honda who are quite cheap

and it DOESNT affect your warranty like they try and say it does

true but it will void your warranty on certain things if you do not use nissan parts, if you do go to a non nissan approved garage make sure you can prove that nissan parts had been used eg invoice with the parts and description and if possibly part numbers, because you may get asked for service history when you car has problems under warranty.

yes. Well, i went into nissan once just to buy an oil filter and they asked me why i wanted it, and i said to do an oil and filter change. SO they said we can do that for you, and i said i bet you can but i recon you charge a stupid amount. They said it's only £99. They showed me the break down of parts, 2.7 litres of catrol GTX 10/40, an oil filter, sump plug washer, and other bits and bobs, parts came to less than 20, so they tried to justify 80 quid labout for changing oil. its only a 10 minute job!

My mum's K12 is due it's first service, Glynn Hopkin Watford want 170-odd, a bit cheeky really, but their labour rate is £70 an hour!

hi I took my k10 into my local garage & he only charged me a tenner for labour, I wouldnt reccommend the dealers unless you really need they for a specific part

right i have booked my car in for a p2 service with west way nissan in birmingham next week. what sort of price am i expecting to pay? i know they would cost more than independant garages but my warranty is still on so i might as well use it.

(didnt wanna start a new thread on one question)

Just to note on the warranty issuse as of couple years ago you dont have to keep going back to main dealers for your regular service. but you do need to go to a vat registered garage and use nissan approved parts including oil. I also recomend that you go somewhere thats been recomended by word of mouth! I know i dont post on here much so i might as well say something useful! :grinning:

Back