Servicing injectors, fuel tank cleaning and fuel lines cleaning.. HOW? mine is drinking a lot atm :(

Hi everyone :)

I need a help (see title as above)

basically, i put full tank twice a week. In full tank, normally i get around between 250-270 miles. i know it should be more than 300 miles per full tank.

Right now, i am not knowledgeable mechanic. i do really want to fix myself.

please could anyone can tell about servicing injectors ( one of injectors are wet so i will upload a pic in soon)

how can i rid of dirt in my fuel tank? and also want to clean these fuel lines from tank to fuel filter. what about fuel pressure?

have i miss out anything?

I just want to fix everything as my micra need to be prefect and to live longer :)

one of injectors are wet. i dont know if its bad or good?

img3773s.jpg

ok i will buy new o rings in soon. thanks frank .is it possible to rid of dirt in fuel tank and fuel lines?
I would change the fuel filter and open the old one up first mate, and if its full of crap then you would have to remove the tank really

recently, i replaced new fuel filter so it was spill with very dirty brown liquid. so i should replace new tank right?
I replaced my filter and it just spilled clear petrol. Brown can't be a good sign :oops:

But I guess that IS the filters job. Filter out all the crap so I'd expect it to be dirty.

What colour was the liquid from the pipe going TO the filter?

before i remove fuel filter. it will be spill over so i use old yellow cloth to catch these spills. it was clear and smell of petrol too.

you can buy an additive to add with the fuel and will clean injectors and fuel lines. Use them at work on common rail diesels but im sure there is a petrol on out there

Jay101 said:
you can buy an additive to add with the fuel and will clean injectors and fuel lines. Use them at work on common rail diesels but im sure there is a petrol on out there

Yea jay. I use it recently. Still I just want to put new o rings and flush all dirt in fuel tank/lines.

Back