Mine and my cars longest drive ever!

Yay, I have officially got back from the longest car journey I have ever done (and the car, driven only to the shops and back by the previous owner)

6 months I've been driving now come December 1st (need to get tax done again at that date)

Drove a total of 284.3 miles!!! Approx 142 miles each way.

Set off in the morning with my dad to go pick up his mate from his house around an hour away from me with almost a full tank (one notch off - The pump didn't fill it fully even though it kept stopping 2-3 times) costing me £33.

Then drove straight away to a convention 1 3/4 hours away from his.
Stayed there until late (got back to mine around 1.30am) from the mirrored trip back.

I'm tired now lol, so I'm going to head to bed, but wow, I'm happy with myself, and how the car performed.

It's only a little 1 litre Nissan Micra Tempest I call Micra Schumacher, but it did me proud, and I wasn't expecting any problems at all to happen with it

I reckon we would have made it with one full tank if the petrol pump had filled it to full, but I needed some fuel for the week too so gave it an extra £20 filling it up to half after dropping my dads mate off (with an hour to go)

Check how much mileage its done total since its birth almost 9 years ago now in 2002!

2011-11-27012740.jpg

I was averaging 70mph but I still reckon with a full tank I would have gotten a full 300 miles out of it (which from red would cost me about £35)
I'll work it out properly tomorrow, but from a guess on how many litres I put in considering the price per litre, I did around 40mpg (though probably well off) with 3 people in the car inc me.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Nice run, will have cleaned your 'system' out nicely :). That's a good pic, what camera you got?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
That reminds me of the 6hour drives I used to do up to Hartlepool from London. I'd tank up with LPG and the gas would be just about on empty by the time I got up there 286miles later. Lousy fuel economy but when you're not wanting to take it easy and have a boot loaded up with site inspection gear it's still darn good value back then when LPG was only 49p/litre ;)

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Most I've done is about 400miles in a day, Nex once drove pretty much non stop from Wiltshire to Sweden which was over 1000 miles which is hard to beat lol!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Most I've done is about 400miles in a day, Nex once drove pretty much non stop from Wiltshire to Sweden which was over 1000 miles which is hard to beat lol!

1025miles in 25 hours :D in the cabriolet with a trailer, fully loaded, cost £100 in fuel!

OP
OP
K
Wow, well I guess the longest drive is dependent on yourself really :p The longest drive I have done to date is that, 284.3 miles, equating to around 142.15 miles each way, which for me is amazing considering I've only drove in total for 6 months since passing my test, and I've pushed myself to gain confidence on the road.

On the 11th December, I think I mentioned I'm driving to Yorkshire which is another hour each way with a mate to go to an arcade to play on this single DDR machine (that 4 panel step game were both really into) they have lying around. Just have to make sure I don't tire myself out too much to then drive back an hour as my legs will most likely kill after the day is up.

The picture was just took with my camera phone, the Samsung Galaxy S 1. Don't let the picture quality fool you. It's 5MP, but because its mostly single colours, the quality appears better than it would on a full colour shot with a lot going on. Still not bad though.

I do have a Canon 550D but it wasn't on me at the time.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
haven't checked how many miles we covered in one day, but back in 2008, me and my wife left our Irish home at 5am on Mon and had a 1700 miles trip to Central Europe and arrived at 5pm on Tue after only an hour sleep and an enormous amount of coffee and Red Bull to keep me alive. It's good I had a seat massage thingy that really helped in moments where even Red Bull was not able to keep me fresh... however on the way back I was at ease as there was no time pressure and we came back home safely after a 3.5 days return journey... never done anything more then that and don't think will do unless I must... flights are a lot cheaper and time saving :)

forgot to mention... that what with my HRV, not with my Micra :)

Longest trip in my Micra was Margate to Carmarthen via Aldershot, and back again 3 days later.
Going there I was in a hurry and put my foot down, I needed petrol by the time I got to Cardiff, on the way back I took it steady, keeping to around 60mph, it was a bank holiday and i couldn't have gone much faster anyway with the traffic, i used 3/4 of a tank that time and both journeys took about the same time. Stopping for fuel pretty much cancelled out any time saved.

Roger.