Selling up

M

m1ck97

Some of you may know I took the car off the road about a month ago, I have now decided to sell it. So I got my dad to take it to its MOT on thursday for it to fail badly.

Havent got my hands on the MOT certificate yet but heres what i've heard so far.

1) Sill need welding (offside i think)
2) Brakes - pads were changed 4 months ago, yet its the actual disks that are knackered - the garages should have notices when changing my pads and my CV joint (only 1 month ago)
3) something suspension related
4) Windscreen wiper needs replacing
5) brake light out (I checked a few weeks ago and it was working)

Theres a few more that i cant think off the top of my head. Not sure how much its going to cost me but the cars going for £450, i'm going to make a huge loss on this car (i've only had it a year)

Ouch would you not be better to fix the bits that need doing and remot it, then sell it for a sensible price?

My MOT:

Refusal:
Measurements:
RBT Park Brake Efficiency: 12%

Reasons for refusal of a test certificate:

001 - Offside stop lamp not working

002 - Nearside front position lamp(s) not in good working order (not working)

003 - Nearside windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively

004 - Offside outer front velocity joint gaiter split

005 -Offside outer frton suspension component mounting perscribed area is excessively corroded

006 - Parking Brake efficiency below requirments *dangerous*

Advisary:

007 - Nearside front tyre worn close to legal limit

008 - Offside front tyre worn close to legal limit

009 - Service brake your vehicle has only just met teh required service brake efficiency. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair

010 - Front number plate slightly deteriorated

011 - Very low efforts on rear service brake *dangerous*

Few questions,

I got told about my brakes being completely knackered - yet its in advisory???? Doesnt advisory mean you dont need to get it fixed to pass and if so why is it marked as Dangerous??

Suspension - Been told its a welding job -Any idea on costs for repair?

Parking brake - again any ideas on costs?

Joint gaiter - i think the mechanic told me its another word for the CV boot - easy to repair - costs?

Finally how much of this would I manage myself (bear in mind i dont have much mechanical knowledge) Lights are easy, as is windscreen wiper.

Any other comments. I really hope it wont cost more than £200. I'm planning on selling the car in the next couple of weeks. I really dont want to lose too much off the sale price.

Back