Any advice? I have to sell/scrap my 1995 K11 auto (London ULEZ expansion)

Sadiq Khan's expanded Ultra Low Emissions Zone comes into force next October. I live in London, and my Micra which I bought new in 1995 will have to go. Its MOT is due 7th March, so I'm going to grit my teeth and part with it now. My question is, how best to do this? cartakeback.com will give me £155, collect it and scrap it. Or is it likely I could find a buyer, preferably an enthusiast?

Last year my Micra passed its MOT with no work. It has a parasitic drain so I disconnect the battery when I'm not using it. The automatic gear box is not as smooth as it used to be, especially when cold. The body is in excellent condition for its age (I got it treated with Bygging Hardwax when I bought it) and it has very low mileage - since my daughter left home I'm mostly on my bike. I bought new tyres May 2016.

What do you think?

008.JPG
009.JPG

Hopefully someone on here will take it off your hands. It's too good to scrap or banger race
Thank you! I'm really fond of this car - lots of happy memories of driving my daughter around from when she was tiny. It's been so good, too - trouble-free for the first twenty years.

You may be able to prove your micra compiles with the ULEZ emmisions requirements, see this thread, thanks to DanDan for going to the effort.

You may be able to prove your micra compiles with the ULEZ emmisions requirements, see this thread, thanks to DanDan for going to the effort.
Thanks, FHM - I did come across that useful thread. Problem is, I don't know how to maintain the car myself, and old cars get expensive to repair. I've had several bad experiences with garages. My bike is my main transport. Recently I told my daughter I'd taken the Micra out for a run to exercise it, and she said it was more of a pet than a car. There is some truth in this.

Hi, I'm going down this road at the moment with my 1998 1.3 Si. Unfortunately it seems the earlier (before 2001) don't meet the NOX levels required to be exempt. My Certificate Of Conformity shows 0.234g/km for HC+NOX so this won't be enough I'm afraid.

If you want to sell it TRY we buy any car.com they NOW take our cars as I found they quoted me £420.00 & that's more than I bought for in the first place. Peter0003

Sadiq Khan's expanded Ultra Low Emissions Zone comes into force next October. I live in London, and my Micra which I bought new in 1995 will have to go. Its MOT is due 7th March, so I'm going to grit my teeth and part with it now. My question is, how best to do this? cartakeback.com will give me £155, collect it and scrap it. Or is it likely I could find a buyer, preferably an enthusiast?

Last year my Micra passed its MOT with no work. It has a parasitic drain so I disconnect the battery when I'm not using it. The automatic gear box is not as smooth as it used to be, especially when cold. The body is in excellent condition for its age (I got it treated with Bygging Hardwax when I bought it) and it has very low mileage - since my daughter left home I'm mostly on my bike. I bought new tyres May 2016.

What do you think?

View attachment 73803 View attachment 73804
Suggest advertising in Autotrader or sell it up North. I believe date for ULEZ expansion 29 August 2023. Out of 3 family vehicles only 1 compliant

Auto transmission you say isn't as smooth.. Usually Piston seals in the clutch packs they go hard over time even if it's been well serviced
Maybe worth trying to sell it on, or as you say scrap it..
Car looks pretty good body wise.
Yes all OK for Sadiq Khan he probably drives a a Roller while everyone else got to struggle.:(

What do you think?

Still available ill buy it off you

What do you think?

Is this still available if so let me know ill buy it off you