Selling a 'new' car?

Posted this elsewhere, but it seems quite quiet so thought I might get a better response here.

Just wondered if anyone has sold a car privately that is less than a year old.

Was it easy or did people wonder why you were selling it/suspicious why?

Thinking about getting something a bit sportier but don't want to trade in at the dealership and get ripped off.

How much do you reckon a Micra 25 58 reg dci with 7000 miles on it would get from a dealer or if sold private?

Thanks

From my past experience, private sale does give you that little extra compared to the dealers. but it means the hassle of advertising, waiting for response, spare time for people to view and test drive your car.

if you decide to go down the dealers p/x route, be sure to haggle for a higher exchange price or a better deal for your new car. they are getting desperate in this climate, you should be able to grab yourself a good deal.

It shouldnt be toooo bad as its a small diesel which is all the rage and if you believe the chatter then the used car market is fine, just dont get too stubborn about the price.

I had a mate who was given the task of selling a 2.0 (petrol) Grand Vitara about a year ago (just before the fuel price hike), basically long story short he refused to believe it was worth less than £6k so instead of an easy private sale for about £4.5-5k he persisted until nobody wanted a petrol 4x4 anymore, then refused to cut his losses and let a dealer take it off his hands for £4k and finally sold it for £3k a few months later.

my dad tried to sell his 2.5v6 mazda 626GT a few years back, he baught it from a dealer for £3.5k and with just 120,000 miles on it he couldnt get rid for £500. nobody wanted to know.

i think you may have to bite the bullet if you want to get get rid of it at this early stage, especially with high ish miles. nissan now sell this model for £9495 because of the free diesel upgrade, and no doubt you could get more off aswell.
looking on autotrader, you could ask around £8000?

what colour is your's? number of doors? maybe i'll do you a straight swap for my st205 celica gt4.

Back