Seen a K12, Good Value?

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So wednesday night I crashed my K11 into a tree, it's a write off.

My parents are lending me some money on the condition that it's safer, and have heavily reccomended I get a K12 (my mum has one).

Seen a 55 plate Micra Sport with 27,000 on the clock in pretty good condition minus a bit of wear and tear, has been heavily serviced ie new tyres, aircon reflow etc. £4400.

Would you say this is good value. I thought so as they had some lower spec cars with way more mileage for more, my dad thinks otherwise.

That's not too bad, have you shopped around for similar spec'd k12's in the same condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that price is from a dealer with a decent warrenty then i'd say it's a good price although i'd still try an haggle it down to nearer the 4k mark if thats a private sale then i'd look else where round here i could pick one up similar spec and milage for 3-3.5k :) good luck with your search tho

not sure how old you are so Im not sure on the insurance implications but have you thought of a 160sr?
My 05 plate with 36k on the clock was £3800 from a dealer so came with years warranty and breakdown cover.
They seem to start in the adverts with daft prices but you do notice the ones that have been around for a while and are ripe for a haggle!
Good luck what ever you get.

Thanks everyone, that seemed to be the best value for money at that particular dealer, but later today when my dad gets home he's taking me round a few others. (Kinda annoying that I can't drive to them and have a look myself, but then again if I could I probably wouldn't be looking for a new car!). My dad is very strict on value, and has gotten some pretty good deals out of salesmen in the past, they've said it's £250 extra for a two year warranty.

Vitus
I would, LOVE a 160SR however as you quite rightly mentioned the insurance would be through the roof. Got a quote on the 1.2 Sport, and it's £600 more than my 1.3l K11. Am I right in saying the 160 has the same lump from the Note?

Thanks everyone, that seemed to be the best value for money at that particular dealer, but later today when my dad gets home he's taking me round a few others. (Kinda annoying that I can't drive to them and have a look myself, but then again if I could I probably wouldn't be looking for a new car!). My dad is very strict on value, and has gotten some pretty good deals out of salesmen in the past, they've said it's £250 extra for a two year warranty.

Vitus
I would, LOVE a 160SR however as you quite rightly mentioned the insurance would be through the roof. Got a quote on the 1.2 Sport, and it's £600 more than my 1.3l K11. Am I right in saying the 160 has the same lump from the Note?

I see Guy beat me to the answer!
Where abouts in Buckinghamshire are you?

I think the note is better looking than the k12, in another thread on here somewhere i've seen someone say it looks like a chicken :laugh: I think you could get a better deal buying private cos then you don't have the garage man's cut added onto the price. I'd keep clucking, er i mean looking :laugh:

I think the note is better looking than the k12, in another thread on here somewhere i've seen someone say it looks like a chicken :laugh: I think you could get a better deal buying private cos then you don't have the garage man's cut added onto the price. I'd keep clucking, er i mean looking :laugh:

K12's are quite good cars if I had the money I'd get one, yeah they share a lot of Renault features but it's still a Nissan. Their only downfall that I've ever heard is the same as any other Nissan's of the same age, cam chain stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only on earlier 1.2 and 1.4 cars. The HR16DE isn't affected at all :).

Drove a 1.4 Sport+ today and went back to the wycombe dealership to find the 1.2 Sport gone, still looking about at the moment. Not many around at nissan dealerships, is all Juke's and Note's!

K12 is a excellent car I get one in April here in Iquique-Chile used from Japan with 46.000 km milleage, year 2005, 1.240 cc., it gives me a comsuption of 12.7 km in the city, last weekend I up to the desert and it up easy in 100/km a high hill, the engine works smooth and it have no overheating, it´s comfortable, and have a big interior.

It cost me 2.693 pound value of your country included the change of steering from right side to left side and all the papers technical check, circulation permission, insurance and inscription.

Sorry my keyboard don´t have the pound symbol to write it.

Guy
Because I haven't quite sorted out getting the cash in the right place, a 1.4 will be a ##### to insure, and my parents wont let me get another car until I've gotten my K11 off the driveway, I've been trying to do so as quickly as possible but I'm still suffering the crash injuries so I've had to slow down a lot.

Juan
My mum got her K12 brand new in 2008, and I've manouvred it around my driveway lots, so I knew just how nice they are, today was the first time I'd driven one on open roads though. Gave it a good gunning and although the 1.4 didn't feel as responsive as my 1.3 used to, it certainly got moving when I put my foot down.

What are the k12 diesel's like are they any good? If so it might be cheaper on insurance for you to get the biggest diesel engine size version. I used that word "might" very loosely lol. :laugh:
No offence intended dude but i think that your folks are being a bit difficult. It kinda sounds like a deal where you can have any car you want, as long as it's what they like. Fair doos they might want the k11 out of the way but surely getting back on the road should come first, coz let's face it, it sucks when your main mode of transport is down and out. :doh:

Hey don't worry about the insurance, go for the top model and then however much the premium is over what you k11 was, get your folks to pay the difference. Just tell them "you wanted me to buy one of these, you can pay the bills init", then run like hell before you get slapped :laugh:

What are the k12 diesel's like are they any good? If so it might be cheaper on insurance for you to get the biggest diesel engine size version. I used that word "might" very loosely lol. :laugh:
No offence intended dude but i think that your folks are being a bit difficult. It kinda sounds like a deal where you can have any car you want, as long as it's what they like. Fair doos they might want the k11 out of the way but surely getting back on the road should come first, coz let's face it, it sucks when your main mode of transport is down and out. :doh:

Hey don't worry about the insurance, go for the top model and then however much the premium is over what you k11 was, get your folks to pay the difference. Just tell them "you wanted me to buy one of these, you can pay the bills init", then run like hell before you get slapped :laugh:

Well I can have any car I want, they just want it to be fairly modern for the safety features. As I personally think the micra is a crackin' car thought I'd stick with it and just get a newer model. As for the K11 being out of the way it's because we have no more space on our driveway and cars parked out on our road have a tendency to loose wing mirrors etc. So really have nowhere to put another car.

Plus, I'm paying for insurance. So, any price increases are on me. I'm trying to balance spec, condition and insurability. Fun right?

Put the k11 on the roadside, won't matter if it's mirror flys off :wasntme:.
Sounds like a lot of insureance quote searching, always fun :glare:
Once you get a couple more years NCB you'll be able to afford to trade-up to a top spec version eh (Y)

Put the k11 on the roadside, won't matter if it's mirror flys off :wasntme:.
Sounds like a lot of insureance quote searching, always fun :glare:
Once you get a couple more years NCB you'll be able to afford to trade-up to a top spec version eh (Y)

I'm working on the K11, that's why it's in my driveway.

And yeah, rang up today about a couple, 1.2 is £250 more on my current policy, 1.4 is £500, and, don't really want to drive a micra forever, want to move up to something with a bit more clout off the forecourt when I'm in full time work.

yeh they generally drive into trees or crash when haters are driving them, sort of like read your mind once you sit in the drivers seat and turn the key - good luck with the french car your after, it'll suit you very well!
lots of us have move'd up and are keeping our k11's for life.

yeh they generally drive into trees or crash when haters are driving them, sort of like read your mind once you sit in the drivers seat and turn the key - good luck with the french car your after, it'll suit you very well!
lots of us have move'd up and are keeping our k11's for life.

Whoa whoa whoa, why so strongly worded! I don't hate the micra. If I hadn't had my crash I would have kept my white K11 for years to come, but it happened and so it needs replacing. My parents would feel much safer with me in a more modern and so whilst they're helping me out it's best to keep them happy, henceforth why a newer micra is on the cards. As for wanting to move up from a micra, is that such a bad thing? The micra is brilliant but it's nice to have goals right?

you got to do whats right/best for yourself , excuse me if i was slightly blunt,,,,its hard dealing with this k11 life sentence i was given :grinning:

Put a deposit down today on an 06 plate 1.4 Sport+ today, very very excited!

They've agreed to fix a few bits up on it so it could be a couple weeks before I pick it up, plus we're going to try and just put the K11 somewhere that it wont cause problems.

But anyway, K12 world here I come!

They've agreed to fix a few bits up on it so it could be a couple weeks before I pick it up, plus we're going to try and just put the K11 somewhere that it wont cause problems.

Good for you - looking forward to some pictures, what colour is it?

I don't mean to be the odd one out in the thread but i have owned a K10 and now on my second K11 however i don't see how the K12 is 'safer' any crash in any car going into a tree/wall etc. is gonna knacker it.
unless you have the marauder from top gear a week or two ago...
Marauder-Top-Gear-Vehicle-Car3.jpg

Yeah i see what the ratings say... but they don't test crash cars into trees and other various objects out there such as lamposts...
and as for the pedestrian rating lol do you think the guy you run over is gonna get up and say "wow lucky it was a K12 not one of those poorly rated K11's"
don't even get me started on airbags... which i presume is one of the main factors into the Ncap ratings:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...quiry-after-two-killed-by-airbags-697770.html

Whatever car your in, drive safe, people go on about it on here how there beat a saxo and beat a civic etc etc... leave it for the track.

Did you see the images on the site - they look to be crashing in to some pretty solid things there!
Not based completely on airbags - a lot about how the car crumples when in an impact and how the safety cell does not deform. The crumple effect is a good way of reducing the damage to a human body, the car absorbs the energy rather than you.
Drivers rather than a passenger is most at risk whether hitting a solid wall, tree or lamp post and as you can see on the k11 the damage to the driver thanks to the steering column and pedal box collapsing in on you and the K11 comes out a great deal worse than the K12.
You are correct the pedestrian bit is not something they would think about when rolling off of your bonnet but I imagine they are happiest to get away with the least possible damage!

I think we are digressing from the point here we have a club owner getting a new Micra so good for them and I think they are in my area so I will keep an eye out for them.

i am not trying to start a K11 vs. K12 war lol
all i am saying is no matter what car you are after unless you have an abundance of kids you shouldn't pay much attention to the NCAP safety sheet. IF we all did that there would be no supercars, no classics on the road anymore!
if you were to hit a tree and a branch was to go through the window crumple zones, airbags etc. won't save you:
[video=youtube;YVMbNMBPEPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVMbNMBPEPE[/video]

Nonetheless i have seen some beautiful K12's around the web Good luck with your new car Tchaaa and don't forget the pictures! :p

Yeah thats the spirit a bit of positive encouragement. What is the problem here with K12's - expect this sort of nonsense from other makes ownwers but cant we be a bit positive here?

yeh yeh love the positivity- k12's are lovely motors , and the way you guy's give em the mods/customizing makes em real good looking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am with it !! k12's RULE !!!!

you are a scary person shaun :grinning:

Shaun
I know that in a lot of circumstances the K12 isn't any safer, but in regards to the crash I had, if I'd had airbags I'd not have smashed myself up on the steering wheel so badly, and so on. It makes my family terribly worried thinking about just how close I came to really injuring myself, and so if it's going to cure their worries, I'll more than happily go for a K12. I could quite happily have kept my K11 until the end of it's days. (which if you think about it I have actually done, the end of it's days just came a bit earlier than expected).

Vitus
It's some weird shade of light metallic blue I've not seen about before. It's like a very light metallic blue.

Everybody
Let's not argue please? I got another Micra where I could quite easily have gotten a completely different car. To me, the K11 and the K12 both have their advantages and disadvantages, and whilst I'll miss my K11 dearly, I'm very excited about picking up the K12 (dealer called this morning and said it should be ready for collection a week tomorrow!)

Looking forward to seeing it.

Where abouts in bucks are you, im in Wycombe?

Ah, that's cool, I saw the 55 plate silver sport+ I originally posted about in the wycombe dealership!
Don't know wether you'll know it (as 90% of the time people just don't know it exists) but I'm in Chalfont (about 6 miles out of Amersham).

nice one tchaaa (Y)

Shaun
I know that in a lot of circumstances the K12 isn't any safer, but in regards to the crash I had, if I'd had airbags I'd not have smashed myself up on the steering wheel so badly, and so on. It makes my family terribly worried thinking about just how close I came to really injuring myself, and so if it's going to cure their worries, I'll more than happily go for a K12. I could quite happily have kept my K11 until the end of it's days. (which if you think about it I have actually done, the end of it's days just came a bit earlier than expected).
Read the front impact section.
http://www.euroncap.com/tests/nissan_micra_2003/165.aspx
That is my last input on the subject...
Get some pictures up i think it sounds like the same colour as my friends' mums' car... (Y)

Vitus St Peter, quite surprised on that one, quite a few people from my college class come from wycombe and the surrounding area and when I tell them I come from Chalfont they're like "where?"

R-Reg Very similar to that blue one, think that but desaturated a tad.

Frank thanks!

John Do like the clio but have settled for the micra, so yeah.

Guy yay indeed! can't wait to be back on the road, had to take a bus for the first time since I've passed my test today, not an experience I've missed tbh haha.

Shaun Found this one on my phone just before I test drove it, looks different in person, will get my SLR on it when I get it home
Untitled.png

looks to be the same colour... Looks clean aswell! (Y)

My dad is a painter by trade, and so he went over it very very finely, and found a list of a few bits, and convinced the dealership to clean them up, so should be pretty good by the time I get it. First car I'll have had with Alloys and nice paintwork though, gonna be so paranoid about curbing and bashing.

Got the car lads! Good fun and good to be behind the wheel again after a few weeks of walking and bus taking.

Wont go into too much detail at the moment as I do plan to make a blog thread at some point, but a few initial thoughts.

• 1.4 is really punchy.
  • Handles flatter than the K11 and is somehow still nicer over the bumps.
  • 3 Door Model has massive blind spots when checking over ones shoulder when changing lanes.
  • Brakes are pin sharp, keep accidentally slamming them on full.
  • Steering is bliss, coming from a car that's got no power steering, it's just so lovely.
  • Wicked turning circle, useful when parking.

Bit of a teaser photo until it stops raining for a bit and I get some more:

5961715142_3dab071b14_z.jpg

Back