Securing down head unit

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Hey guys, was trying to see if I could secure down my head unit to make it harder for thieves to take out etc.

Anyway, I tried using the mounts that come with the standard radio but this either made it stick out too far or not out far enough to be in line with the dash.

Anyone have any ideas or have their head unit secured down?

Hey guys, was trying to see if I could secure down my head unit to make it harder for thieves to take out etc.

Anyway, I tried using the mounts that come with the standard radio but this either made it stick out too far or not out far enough to be in line with the dash.

Anyone have any ideas or have their head unit secured down?

whatever you do to secure it into place, it wont stop some thieving pikey attemting to steal it if he/she takes a fancy to it, and if it wont come out easily, then it'll probably get damaged beyond use.

I was thinking stealth cover or something... get a dud panel with some needles or switches on it... and stick it on as a flip down cover... have the head unit behind it... then again as swiper points out.. some ppl seem to know or can find out.. just a thought anyway... and I agree... more damage would probably be caused to the car..

Back