Securing a sub box in the back of a K11

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Does any one have any ideas how to secure a sub box in the rear of a k11 that doesn't have any rear seats?

The box has a sinlge 12" sub and I don't fancy getting all MDF installed as it'll add weight and i would like to keep the sub as i like my bass :)

FOA admins, please don't move this to the ICE section as they never get answered in there!

you can either screw it right into the floor or bolt it, if you dont fancy puttin holes in your floor you can use industrial velcro. however without your rear seats you are running a serious risk in case of an accident. i dont think you can avoid this as a sub and box is quite heavy and times this by the speed you will be going at the time with result in a very big mess.

i was thinking maybe summat like velcro it down then put eye hooks in the top and run a cable from my strut tops just incase the velcro fails the cable will take the weight....

Make it in the spare wheel well out of fibreglass and swap the wheel for a can of tyre weld.
Or make a fg enclosure to go round your cage.

if you use somethin like ratchet straps to secure it i think it wont go anywhere but it doesnt axactly look good.

Not really bothered about interior as i'll be getting my windows tinted on the rears. where can i get ratchet straps from?

i have a small blue ratchet strap that i was going to use but never did. someone said about industial velcro where would you get that????

thanks

Grant

Back