Seats without side airbag

Hi everyone. Just got a k12 micra for the wife. The drivers side airbag has deployed at some point in it's life and the airbag light is on.

Could I wire a resistor into the seat plug to fool the system into thinking the airbag is still there and working?

I've done this on orevious cars when i've fitted aftermarket seats

Thanks in advance

:)

Thanks for the help. But unfortunately it has definately deployed as the seat has been stitched up and prev owner mentioned it being deployed.

Might be easier to just replace the seat i think

You can get resistors for the non seat airbag models,they are a brown wire blank that plug in under the seat.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

I got rid of the old seats for a pair of Sparco Pro 2000s and I just ignore the airbag light :D probably not a helpful response, but it's my experience with this issue

Thanks for the replies. Think i'll just buy a replacement seat with an airbag. It's for the wife and kids so would rather have the airbags work.
I'm guessing with the light on all airbags are disabled like in most cars?

Thanks for the replies. Think i'll just buy a replacement seat with an airbag. It's for the wife and kids so would rather have the airbags work.
I'm guessing with the light on all airbags are disabled like in most cars?
Not sure to be honest,but is defo worth making sure battery is disconnected for 10 mins before working with any of the airbag connections.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Back