bought used 03 plate Micra need help with tilting seats & interior light

Hi everyone

My sister has bought an 03 Micra today her first car, its quite good body wise few bits here and there but for a 13 year old car not bad at all and drives really well. Any way she did not inspect the inside properly and the lever / handle / button for tilting the passenger seat is missing there is a cable tie connected to what looks like a pulley inside the seat and this works when pulled up the seat tilts forward but id like to replace with the proper lever so it looks nice but for the life of me i cant find the part searching the internet i dont really know what its called i presume this can be replaced and the previous owner just couldn't be bothered and used an easy fix.

Also the interior light dosent seem to work it spins and clicks every now and the but the on/off button to the side dosent seem to do anything.

And a final issue on test drive was fine and then when she was bringing it home the airbag light on dash was flashing but this was after moving all the seats about, the seller said this was a known issues and a little searching would suggest the same and that its just a faulty sensor which can be reset with an ignition sequence and to check the sensors under the seat., is this correct?

Can anyone help with these issues?

Thanks

Last edited:
Unsure on the seat tilt. But pop the interior down and fiddle with the pins usually need pushing in toward each other so when the switch is moved the rocker makes contact correctly. The airbag light is very common. Turn the key to on,as soon as airbag light comes on,turn off. Repeat this 3 times,this puts it into diagnostic for the airbag. But if you turn key to off then start engine it usually shuts the flashing off. Can take a few attempts sometimes though

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I've just upgraded my seats to the sx ones with airbags. The handle for the tilt is held on with a clip like the ones on window winders,maybe previous owner had lost the clip.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back