seatbelt warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RIK

soon ill be fitting a bucket seat to the drivers side and i want to know how to get rid of the beep sound and dash light that comes on wen your seatbelt isnt on,cos ill obv have harnesses

1.could i fit this system to the harness?
2.is it in the loom or seperate thing i can romove?
3.is it legal to have the light showing on the dash for MOT?if i get rid of the sound but light is still on

I would havethought that there is a switch in the seatbelt socket, if you could just connect the two wires that I assume go into it then the buzzer shouldn't sound.
It is illegal to have ANY warning light showing on the dash I believe, have a look at the seatbelt to see if it has wires going in/out of it

can u not just put thye seatbelt in n it will remove the beep and light. i.e get a set from a scrap k12 there is 1 breakin on here IIRC

:D

I would say just get an old seatbelt and plug it in aswell. obviously cut the seatbelt itself off, just leave the bit that plugs in in it.

Is the seat-belt not connected to the sub-frame of the seat, if this is removed then i spose you could always have the socket dangling underneath the seat or something...

the belt buckle is fixed to he frame,like on a k11

i can see a wire gong into it,so atm im thinking f getting one from scrappers and taking it to bits see wots inside,then take it from there,,ill probly wire it up so its allways off and chuck the rest,or use the one from scrapyard and plug it in and fix it down hidden under the new seat

another thing ill try is to make it work for the new harness,would be a nice touch :)

need a seat and harness first,before i get the tools out :D

Most likely just taping the two wires together will do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back