HELP with seatbelt pre-tensionors(sp)

R

RIK

is it just a case of un plugging the wires to this to remove the seatbelts?

it all looks abit complicted to me lol..i dont use the seatbelt because i have a harness so i want to remove the dead weight.

yes you can just unplug it, its better to do with the battery disconnected then leave for 15 minutes,

to get the connector out you need to pull/pry with a flat head screwdriver the black bit out it dont come out all the way tho only a little bit then the rest (yellow bit) will easily pull out

also the lovely airbag light will come on and i dont know how you could get around that one rik unless you take the bulb out, thats if the bulb can be removed lol

cheers, i am used to the light flashing now..and its o.k for it to be on for another 2 and half year :D then i will worry about it hahaha

now i can take it out knowing im not gunna get blown up :D

RIK said:
now i can take it out knowing im not gunna get blown up :D

only bash it about after its far from the car as they do go bang lol.

or you could use them as flash bang grenades while your guarding your car with the air rifle lol

steering wheel airbags are alot louder than seat belt tensioners, for example you could stand next to a seat belt when it goes off and be ok, now if you stood next to a airbag when it goes off you will feel the pulse hit you and it will hurt your ears alot

so rik
go to scrap yard,
get steering wheel airbags,
wire them up in the front garden to switch in bedroom,
wait for thieves to come,
let off the airbags, hoping one of them will be close to a airbag when it goes off and makes him go deaf for a few minutes
thieves **** them selfs, go deaf and run away

With pre-tensioners and the amount of work the seatbelts actually do in the caase of accident why remove them.... In the case of the K12's would rather leave the seatbelts as they are as they're desinged to pull you away from the airbag as it goes off, personally would rather the seatbelt does its job than break my nose on an airbag!

rhaines said:
With pre-tensioners and the amount of work the seatbelts actually do in the caase of accident why remove them.... In the case of the K12's would rather leave the seatbelts as they are as they're desinged to pull you away from the airbag as it goes off, personally would rather the seatbelt does its job than break my nose on an airbag!

i totally argee with that statement, steering wheel airbags can launch a stack of 3 tires in the air, imagine that force in your face

i have bucket seats and harness fitted,im also looking at new steering wheels (without airbags) so it wont be a problem

like i keep saying..their are loads of cars without airbags on the road today and mine will soon be one of them

When you have a proper 4 point racing harness, the airbag becomes redundant. :)
Unfortunately 4 point harnesses are illegal full stop for road use in australia. If they were legal I probably would have settled for a micra without an airbag! *sigh*

Iv just had to have my pre-tensioner seat belt replaced at a local garage. They had to get the part from nissan and altogether it cost me £210 and he mentioned the air bag light. For some reason that has to be done separately next tuesday and they 're-set' it. This will cost me another £30 :doh:
But i suppose its cheaper than takin it to a dealer. Boo hoo.

Also because of the light does this mean my airbag doesnt work until it get fixed. Not that i fancy an explosion in my face but it might save my life. Just wondering

jesskatk11 said:
Iv just had to have my pre-tensioner seat belt replaced at a local garage. They had to get the part from nissan and altogether it cost me £210 and he mentioned the air bag light. For some reason that has to be done separately next tuesday and they 're-set' it. This will cost me another £30 :doh:
But i suppose its cheaper than takin it to a dealer. Boo hoo.

Also because of the light does this mean my airbag doesnt work until it get fixed. Not that i fancy an explosion in my face but it might save my life. Just wondering

the only way to find out is to have a crash..i looked into this(because my light flashes) and some poeple say it will work some say it wont..so take it as it dont if your scared :)

RIK said:
the only way to find out is to have a crash..i looked into this(because my light flashes) and some poeple say it will work some say it wont..so take it as it dont if your scared :)

Ah lovely , Il keep that in mind o_O

Back