K12 Seatbelt and Boot

Afternoon all,

Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction before I go throwing good money after bad!

I recently inherited a 60 plate K12 having been told it had a couple of issue that were quick fixes.

1. The boot won’t open. Did my research - 2 boot switches, 1 catch, full removal of all tape up to where the wires enter the body but still no result.

2. The seat belt warning light and accompanying bleep sounds even when wearing a seat belt. Again - tried cleaning any contacts and eventually a new buckle etc but to no avail.

Other observations also concluded that removing the immobiliser fuse released the boot and sometimes reset the seatbelt light and similarly when having reconnected the battery. All results being temporary though.
After changing the boot catch - it has started randomly releasing on the move now - but when it does so, it sometimes switches off the seatbelt light!

I had the garage check it when it went for MOT but they found no fault codes or any unusual electrical readings.

I’ve reached about the limit of my expertise and wondered if anyone knew a probably cause to chase next.
Thanks in advance ?

Back