seat is in at last!

R

RIK

well last night we made a new subframe and got the kevlar seat and harness in ..very happy with it :D its really really low down (my eye level is with the top of the steering whee lmfao) it holds you in place so well and make the car more fun to drive in this position because your so low to the ground......still got more to do for donny!!

Attachments

• Photo-0175.jpg
    Photo-0175.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Photo-0174.jpg
    Photo-0174.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Photo-0173.jpg
    Photo-0173.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 283
Davey C said:
looking good, what else you got planned?

i have some bonnet lifters to try and fit,but its hard with how the k12 lights shape up the side of the wing..
rest of bodykit to fit..rear arches and passenger sideskirt
sunstrip to get made up and fit
get some carbon for in the grill
front splitter.either get a deeper one or re-fit the k12 one (had to take it off to try fit front bits of the bodykit

looks good mate, jap street racer style :)

seen as how you kept the back seats where is the harness mounted, after having buckets/harnesses in my k11 i want for my k12. but i want to keep the rear seats this time and get recliners.

at first i was going to lift the seat up 20-30mm becaus it was so stupidly low!! an i hav had some stainless spacers made up ready but now i have driven it abit more i have gotten used to it and its cool!
seriously i cant see over the steering wheel,my ass is about 3" off the floor of the car ..makes the ride alot better round corners

next major modd is the coilovers..but not till after the donny show due to shipping and fitting times(also waiting for a cheque)

thanks for your comments :D

Dr Zoidberg said:
looks good mate, jap street racer style :)

seen as how you kept the back seats where is the harness mounted, after having buckets/harnesses in my k11 i want for my k12. but i want to keep the rear seats this time and get recliners.

I have kept the rear seats, people climb in my boot lol. Harnesses mounted where the lap belt was.

Well, they were mounted there until i took them out the car today and took the alloys off :p

the left harnesss strap is atached to the bolt for the rear seat fixing(just under the handle for the rear seat to move)

the midle and right hand side strap go to the right and clip to the bolt where the origianal seat belt went at the bottom...its all nice and tidy and enuff room for passengers in all seats(not that i want them)

the old belt is still fitted but is behind the rear wing plastics...and the seat belt warning light is removed by simply unpluggin it under the seat

here are some pics to show the mounting points and leg room ..

the airbag light is still flashing yes....i can either get the little yellow blocks from a lower spec k12 and get nissan to fit and get it on the computer to programe it..or take the bulb out the back if poss or stick blue tack over it.......either way its an MOT fail while its flashing

Attachments

• Photo-0002.jpg
    Photo-0002.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 230
  • Photo-0006.jpg
    Photo-0006.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 193
colour corrected they look alot better....

Attachments

• Photo-0175.jpg
    Photo-0175.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 183
Back