Seat replacement

I've been doing a load of miles recently and the micra seats are really screwing with my back, I've tried as many different seat positions as I can but still no luck. I've only got an S so don't know if the better models come with comfier seats but are there any seats that are a straight swap that are better to sit on?

I know my old Sunny SR seats were pretty solid but at least they had adjustable lumbar etc for the driver (and looked better), pretty short on cash though so looking for something I can pick up from a breakers that will make the 1000's of miles more bearable.

I have the sport+ model and love my seats...even my back seat is moulded and comfy,
When i was looking I came very close to buying an S model myself, but one of the main reasons I didn't was that I hated the plain slab like seats...
Go to you local breakers and compare them yourself...there are differences, but whether they will actually help is another story,
best if you can have a sit in a micra with the nicer shaped seats and see if it makes you more comfortable.
Have you tried one of those seat support things? (JML mesh thing to help your posture)
if you go down the aftermarket route you may have issues fitting seats onto the runners and airbag/no airbag, warning lights/problems :oops:

Your seats?...
MicraSseats.jpg

My Seats...(well not mine but the same model :p)
MicraSportSeats.jpg

Sports rear seats...I think the Tekna one's are the same too...
MicraSportRearSeats.jpg

Hope that helps ;)

That's great thanks,

I want to still to Nissan seats purely to avoid issues with airbags/warning lights etc and hope they'll just be a straight swap without too much work. Presume I'll be limited to 3dr models so they still tilt forward but don't know if seats from a bigger model will fit, generally find bigger cars have comfier seats.

The sport+ definitely look better!

I presume if I'm in a 3dr I'll fail a MOT if the seats don't tilt forward for rear passengers, if I remove the rear seats would this still be an issue? Te dog is the only rear passanger I have so losing the rear seats wouldn't be an issues and could sometimes use the extra space.

You're welcome ;)

I don't know if the Seat Not tilting would affect the Mot, but it would be difficult for a tester to check the rear seat belts and for any passengers...of the human or canine variety ...to get in and out safely :p

There are a few people around this site that seem to have removed their back seats but, again, I don't know how this affects the MOT (they may put them back in?)

The best/nicest seats for the K12, in my opinion, are those for the activ luxury...(Phwoar) LOL

MicraActivLuxSeats_zps0cc34bef.jpg

if a 3 door was breaking, near enough to me, i'd be all over these baby's ^_^

Back