Seat belt tensioners

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
As some of you are aware im converting a coilpack to none coilpack and need a little help with this slight snag: The looms I removed had long runs from main loom then a plug that plugs into front seat belt units the loom ive replaced it with has a much shorter run of cable then the plug so it falls short of pluging in, The ecu im using is geared up for these units but is it a must to have them connected and if I leave them off will it throw fault codes up. Or should I replace seatbelt units from the scrap car I removed looms from.:down:

As some of you are aware im converting a coilpack to none coilpack and need a little help with this slight snag: The looms I removed had long runs from main loom then a plug that plugs into front seat belt units the loom ive replaced it with has a much shorter run of cable then the plug so it falls short of pluging in, The ecu im using is geared up for these units but is it a must to have them connected and if I leave them off will it throw fault codes up. Or should I replace seatbelt units from the scrap car I removed looms from.:down:

your easiest bet would be to take the seatbelts from the car in the scrappy, i really dont think it will add fault codes as the ECU only checks engine codes, and not things like airbags etc.

so i think you will be fine, but if you want the tentioners you can either get the ones from the scrappy or maybe cut and extend the wires

im not fussed about them been conected so if it wont stop car running then im happy cheers nex

yea i am 99% sure that the ECU will only deal with the engine, there is a second ECU that deals with crashes and the two are totally seperate for safety reasons.

Back