Seat belt locking mechanism

CMF_rsc21

» CMF Member
I had to removed the left side panel which required me to remove the seat belt mechanism to bang out a dent.

The dents been banged out but now the seat belt mechanism has locked the belt in so you can't pull it out, tried messing with the locking key but has no affect on the belt, it just stays locked.

Anybody got any solutions?

CMF_yoyoninjaboy

» CMF Member
I fixed my seatbelt. the passenger side locked in the crash (before i bought it). take off the plastic cap on the side of the locking mechanism, there should be a claw that locks into place (man this is hard to explain without it infront of me), hold it out of the way so the seatbelt is released.
also there is a ball bearing (not sure where off the top of my head) but this causes the the thing to lock. try moving that and pulling the belt.

does it pull further out?
will it wind back in?

let me know and ill try and talk you through what i did to get mine winding freely again

sorry its a bit vague. hope it helps

Nick

CMF_rsc21

» CMF Member
Well I took the white cap off and found the locking mechanism, when I take it out the belt opens and goes back in all fine but it won't lock when you tug on it hard.

Don't know how the locking mechanism works, it's a blue claw which locks when I pull even gently, it just stays down so it will always lock.

The locking mechnanism is the blue part with a round thing inside and a claw connected to it, there's no springs or anything connected to it so what I said is all there is to the mechanism.

CMF_Micra Matt

» CMF Member
have you made sure that the locking mechanism is sat at the right angle, because when i took mine off it was locked and wouldnt move at all even when i put it back on.
it was beacuse it was very slightly tilted which make the mechanism lock and the only way to make it work was to find the what angle it had to be at.

if this is not the problem it should have a ball-bearing in side the locking mechanism which may be causiing the problem

CMF_rsc21

» CMF Member
Yea it might be the ball bearing because it's not really that stable, don't know how to sort this out but is this going to be trial and error work to find the angle, the claw doesn't go back and just comes forward which locks the wheel.

CMF_rsc21

» CMF Member
I can't figure out how this seat belt lock works, when I put the white cap back on it just locks even without the blue part and the ball bearing, it just doesn't make sense.

Inside the cap I noticed grooves in the shape of gears so the wheel fits in there which is weird because I think that's what stops the wheel from turning which then locks the belt.

Back