scared of the scrapheap :(

Bad news. Upon driving my Micra home the strut mount popping and clicking has returned... I've paid about £300 at my garage for a service, mot and new mounts fitting and the car was fine no knocking whatsoever. 2 days later and its just like it was before :( I simply cant afford anymore repairs. I'm taking back to the garage tomorrow. What should I do? I figure the top mounts are part of the problem. Why would they be okay and then go wrong again?

I agree with @davyboy sounds like they haven't done the job right. They should correct it or give you a full refund.

Hopefully they will accept they made a mistake and there should be no problem if don't inform the police and they should do something about it.

The garage said they'd look at it tomorrow morning. I'm concerned they might ask me to pay for more parts eg. new coils. How easy is it to fit top mounts badly?

They shouldn't do at all if its there fault.

I would look up on what they actually did to your car so you have the right ammo to fire at them tmrw. Because like most garages they'll say its something else that's caused it and not them.

I've never actually changed them on a micra but it shouldn't be to hard as there nice cars to work on (loads of room) :)

Right okay, I took it in for a full service and MOT. I mentioned this noise and they said they'd look at the top mounts for me. I also mentioned that in my previous MOT an advisory was that there was corroded front springs. I left it with him and got a call to say it had failed on top mounts as they both had a lot of play and were worn. They were replaced with new ones during the service. They said that my front springs weren't anything to worry about as they seemed okay and the previous garage would have probably put that on my advisory list to scare the previous owner to shell out more. Now they're making a popping noise and a clicking noise just like they did before. I also noticed that the one on the passenger side is making the clicking but not the popping noise now when it didn't before :/

I agree with @davyboy sounds like they haven't done the job right. They should correct it or give you a full refund.

Hopefully they will accept they made a mistake and there should be no problem if don't inform the police and they should do something about it.
Hello Sean. Not the police mate, you would go to trading standards at your local council if it is not resolved.

Back