Great day at Santa Pod Raceway!

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Just a quick post to say what an excellent day we had at Santa Pod! Met up with Harlen and Eliot in their awesome K11s. Weather was scorching, my arms and face are well sunburned.

We all had pretty rubbish first runs, a combination of nerves and trying to get the hang of how the bloomin' lights work :laugh:. By the third run, we were all doing much better. My best run in the 160 (stock bar the K&N panel filter) was 17.1 with a 79 mph terminal speed, I'll let Eliot and Harlen tell you their times cos they stayed for a few more runs than I did.

Anyhow, a couple of pic's:

santapod1.png

The K11s against each other, about half a second before they took off.

santapod2.png

View of the guys from my car waiting to do our first run.

santapod3.png

Harlen against what looks like an XR2.

Only bad thing about the whole day were the wasps which were EVERYWHERE!

We definitely need to arrange a club meeing for the next RWYB in the autumn :D.

Thanks for uploading the pictures, they look great (Y)

All in all, a really good day, nice meeting you both, Eliot and Guy. We certainly weren't the fastest there but the fun bit was trying to better your times. I didn't realise how obsessed you can get with trying to get better times! Everyone down there were really sporting and the Micras were getting a few looks too. A big meet up down there would be really great :laugh:

Cheers Guy!

Best run :

Reaction - .6600
60 ft - 2.6397
quarter time - 17.7093
terminal speed - 75.67

My best was:

Reaction - .5875
60 ft - 2.6317
Quarter time - 19.05
Terminal Speed - 69.27

Definitely time to invest in a 1.6 methinks :laugh:

This has been the highlight of my holiday so far, it was such great fun, cheers Harlen and Guy, I cant wait till I go again. Its a totally different thing watching cars do the quarter mile then attempting it yourself!

excellent guys, so pleased you got a small meet up at santa pod. (Y)

We should really get the MSC down to Santa Pod in numbers again at somepoint.

Kev

excellent guys, so pleased you got a small meet up at santa pod. (Y)

We should really get the MSC down to Santa Pod in numbers again at somepoint.

Kev

yeah id be up for that, just need a date to tell everyone.

Definitely guys, awesome fun. I think Harlen said next one's early autumn?

If it is a saturday one, I would need to know in advance so I could book the day of work(Y)

Kev - we need to book a day and put a thread up in national meets and make it a massive turnout.

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 230
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
  • PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 189
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 223
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 210
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
Awesome, I've found some cool ones of me but there's no download version, only prints :(.

me.jpg

Ahem... there is a download option. For £12.50 they will email the pic at 1800x1200 res - just ordered the one above :).

It's actually a tenner Eliot, thet charge 12.50 then refund you 2.50 - go figure :grinning:.

So it is, but its still money I dont really need to spend (yet) I spent alot at santa pod and on petrol - but very worth while in my opinion. Im expecting a hefty pay packet in 2 weeks so I will buy some then :grinning:

Back