Sagging Door question

CMF_Martos

» CMF Member
My driver's side door sags on closing. Looks like the hinge pins have worn. Is there any adjustment to hinges that would lift the door or do I need new hinges? As the passenger door is okay, could I swap the bottom hinge of the passenger door with the top hinge of the driver's door and maybe improve things?

CMF_Martos

» CMF Member
Will give it a go. Can I just ask what the A pillar is? Is that the bit of the hinge slightly hidden by the wing? Do i need to unclip the wing to get to those bolts?

CMF_Martos

» CMF Member
Adjusted the bolts connected to the door and was able to lift the door a bit but it's not perfect, yet. I can't get into the bolts on the pillar because of the wing. I'm scared to mess about with the wing, to be honest. Is there some other way of getting to the bolts (special tool)?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i usually crank the door up with a length of wood (lay one end on the back of the sill, close the door as afar as you can, and then lever the back of the door upwards, but dont go ott, or you chip the paint near the mirror)

frank

CMF_Martos

» CMF Member
Thanks for the replies but I still can't get into the hinge bolts because of the front wing and the inside of the door. No combination of sockets, offset spanners, opening and closing the door, etc will let me into those bolts! Is this actually possible without taking off the wing?

CMF_chris

» CMF Member
I had the same problem and replaced the hinge. If you undo the bolts on the door you can sort of lean it out of the way while you get to the bolts on the A pillar, but there's still not a lot of room to get a ring spanner over the bolt heads, so I damaged the paint work a bit in there.

Chris

Back