Rust on the Sills ---------

Hi, ive noticed i have rust on the sill as i pushed my fingers thru in basic terms, what could be done? grind back to clean metal and weld metal piece over? is that the best way or any other way???

Thanks in Advance!!

J

yearh, i would just grid it back, and weld a metal plate over it...grind back the welds and put some filler over it, then paint it so its less noticeable.....

or you could replace all the sill.

£325, almost as much as the car itself, LOOOL, i think ill stick to squarepants suggestion, grind back, weld and filler... cheapest way but as good as!!

Cheers guys for your suggestions.

J

Hi wilsonian, you never know what can happen, a couple years? i migt end uo selling the car for scrap money next year e.t.c. its just to get me to work here and there, cheap petrol e.t.c. But i see what your saying.

j

jab all the outer and inner sills with a screw driver to get an idea of where any rust is, then grind it all away till its nice and shiney then you can see the exstent of the work to be done, and its pointless to put filler over the work area i would use under car body protection, but this will be done if a garage is doing the work

Yeah i will do that, also id rather prepare the sill grinding my self grind back to metal and cut out any rust issues then take it to weld so that most work is done... cheaper that way e.t.c....

Thanks guys for your input!!!!

j

Back